TTC after 35
Options

Bummed

I'm sad right now. I'm 10dpo and tested tonight because I felt a little bit crampy. BFN. :(   I am really sad. I know that it is my first month trying and I'm not even using drugs or IUI or IVF, but with my FSH so high, those things aren't an option - at least until/if it lowers. I thought the acupuncture, wheat grass, and all of the other things I'm doing would lead to something great. I'm trying hard not to get discouraged and to not think that I'm fooling myself that natural things will make a difference. Any words for a bummed out TTCer? Thanks.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bummed

• Options

Awwwwww......I know how hard it is to get that BFN.  It sucks, first month or not.  10dpo is still early.........I don't even bother testing before 13dpo, so you still have a shot!  There are no magical words of wisdom, just hang in there and don't give up!  Most younger women in the peak of fertility don't get it on the first try. 

Lots of hugs and baby dust heading your way!

• Options

I am sorry you got a BFN, but it is early yet, don't give up on this cycle yet!!  Plenty of people don't get positives until 12 or 14 dpo.  It could still happen.

Just curious, who are you seeing for all of the supplements you are taking?  Your RE or a homeopath or who?  Are all of those things working together supposed to possibly lower your FSH or just certain things? 

I am debating about going to homeopath just to see what they have to say.  I ovulate on my own, but I've had 2 m/c in the past year and it took me 7 months to even get pregnant the first time.  I tried clomid this cycle, but I didn't have a good response (only 1 follie, which I normally make on my own anyway), but it was not really mature b/c the clomid made me ovulate sooner. 

I will see what my RE says at the end of this cycle as well, but I was just wondering other options.  Good luck to you!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    {{hugs}} hang in there!
  • Options

Thanks, ladies. I know it's early. I was just panicking since I felt crampy, but I'm going to stay as optimistic as possible and test again tomorrow (12dpo) and even on Tuesday (14dpo).

Cutebride - The supplements I'm taking and the acupuncture are all a result of my own research. I have read Inconceivable and The Infertility Cure and tons of websites. Since I'm not eligible for any RE help because of my FSH level, it is my only source of info. My acupuncturist said she'll recommend Chinese herbs if I don't get a BFP this cycle, so I'll be adding those if that's the case. Read up on herbs and supplements for carrying to term/preventing miscarriage. I've seen a lot on that topic, but can't remember exactly what they say.  Are you taking anything now in regard to supplements?

• Options
    imagedreamalotmp:

Thanks, ladies. I know it's early. I was just panicking since I felt crampy, but I'm going to stay as optimistic as possible and test again tomorrow (12dpo) and even on Tuesday (14dpo).

Cutebride - The supplements I'm taking and the acupuncture are all a result of my own research. I have read Inconceivable and The Infertility Cure and tons of websites. Since I'm not eligible for any RE help because of my FSH level, it is my only source of info. My acupuncturist said she'll recommend Chinese herbs if I don't get a BFP this cycle, so I'll be adding those if that's the case. Read up on herbs and supplements for carrying to term/preventing miscarriage. I've seen a lot on that topic, but can't remember exactly what they say.  Are you taking anything now in regard to supplements?

Hang in there!  What is your FSH #?  My last one was in the 30's....

• Options
    imageshyntrue:
    imagedreamalotmp:

My FSH was 24 back on 7/9. Hoping it is lower now because of the acupuncture and wheat grass. 

• Options
    imagedreamalotmp:
    imageshyntrue:
    imagedreamalotmp:

My FSH was 24 back on 7/9. Hoping it is lower now because of the acupuncture and wheat grass. 

Good Luck.  Have you considered donor eggs?  We are considering them and will look onto them seriously next month.

• Options
    imageshyntrue:
    imagedreamalotmp:
    imageshyntrue:
    imagedreamalotmp:

Good Luck.  Have you considered donor eggs?  We are considering them and will look onto them seriously next month.

That will be an option to consider down the line, but I doubt it. It is super expensive for us and I am not quite sure how I feel about it in terms of carrying a child that won't have my genes. It is so much to think about.

Good luck to you!! We'll both get there. :)

• Options
    I know I am joining in the conversation late...so I need to ask you this.  My FE said that my FSH was 10.4 and that worried him and that I should start IVF immediately because of that.  Do you know if it is possible to get KU with that FSH number? 
  • Options

imagerobynss:
    I know I am joining in the conversation late...so I need to ask you this.  My FE said that my FSH was 10.4 and that worried him and that I should start IVF immediately because of that.  Do you know if it is possible to get KU with that FSH number? 

I've read about people getting pregnant with FSH numbers upwards in the 30s, but that is not the norm, of course. It is great that IVF is still an option for you though. You may want to try acupuncture and wheat grass to try to lower your FSH number naturally before you go to IVF. Of course, that is just my thought. Good luck! :)

• Options

imagerobynss:

My RE says that anything under 13 is OK

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"