Attachment Parenting
Options

GypsyEsq: dipe stripping help

we're having weird leaks for which i can't find a cause. mostly pocket dipes, and everything always seems OK with the way they're stuffed, etc. i'm wondering if i need to strip again. we aren't having stink anymore, but maybe buildup anyway?

when you boiled to strip, did the water still look clean? i've had 3 MF inserts boiling for 12 minutes, and the water looks just like it did before i put them in there.

Re: GypsyEsq: dipe stripping help

• Options

No, when I boiled I got a lot of soap residue -- scaly like in the edges of the pot.  Have you maybe changed your sizing on your dipes?  I know DH forgets when we got up a snap setting sometime the inserts don't fit the whole area.  Could that be it?

Shoot -- I'm so disappointed this isn't working for you.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

i'm wondering it is a fit issue w/the inserts not covering the whole thing. she's in the middle snap setting in her BG3s, and that is just a hair off the default sizes of a lot of inserts.

i totally don't rule out user error. it is about the only variable that makes sense Stick out tongue w/your pockets, are you able to get the insert to cover completely the entire span from front waist to back waist, side to side?

i'm posting on EFF too.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We're in middle settings of BG too and no, we don't have anything that fits "just right" -- for night time I use a hemp prefold wrapped around a BG microfiber insert.  That seems to work.  I seem to recall reading somewhere that having something that soaks up the wetness quickly is a good idea when you can't get inserts to fit just exactly.

Also -- any chance the pockets themselves need a good scrub?  Maybe a buildup of even a CD friendly butt creme?  

• Options
    imageGypsyEsq:

Also -- any chance the pockets themselves need a good scrub?  Maybe a buildup of even a CD friendly butt creme?  

now that's a thought! we use coconut oil as a dipe cream, and we haven't had any issues before. or so i thought :) did you boil your pockets too?

• Options
    imagee_b_r:
    imageGypsyEsq:

now that's a thought! we use coconut oil as a dipe cream, and we haven't had any issues before. or so i thought :) did you boil your pockets too?

I did but you have to be  careful - if the snaps get too hot they'll melt!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"