Single Parents
Options

grandparents rights

Anyone have any experience or info regarding grandparents rights?  DB's parents have hinted that they will be seeking visitation (even though their son has no interest). 

Re: grandparents rights

• Options
    it's really hard for grandparents to get legal rights such as visitation. are you ok with them seeing ds? if so, why not have a specific date/time where you can all hang out and visit
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

In my bag
    d90
    50mm f/1.2 * 28-85mm (Macro) f/3.5-4.5 * 70-300mm f/3.5-4.5
    Opteka Fisheye Adapter * Lightscoop
  • Options
    What state do you live in? I'm from Washington and grandparents have NO rights, whatsoever. I'm pretty sure most other states are the same way.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I live in IL and grandparents don't have any rights here either.  Definitely check into your state laws.
  • Options
    I am in California and they do have rights here.  It varies from state to state. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I live in Ohio.  I don't have a problem with THEM, but they have an unreliable vehicle, an unclean home, and they smoke.  As far as I am concerned any visits would have to be at MY home or in a neutral place.

• Options
    I think you should come up with an agreement amicably. They should know that they won't get much if they take you to court. If they want it in writing, the court will generally grant you whatever agreement you write out (at least in TX).  You can write out something that you feel comfortable with like every other Saturday at your house from 6-8
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    JaxMom.. I PM'd you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"