Pregnant after a Loss

XP: Symptoms tapering

Hi ladies...I'm freaking myself out and I hate it right now. I just would like to hear some similar stories so that maybe I stop worrying.

I am 11w2d today, I was measuring at 11w at my ultrasound on Monday so technically I could be closer to 12 weeks, whatever, that doesn't matter. I've been on progesterone supplements (oral) since right at about 5 weeks. The nausea started for me right around week 6, and has been pretty rough ever since.

At my appt on Monday, my doctor told me things looked wonderful, we had an u/s and got to see LO, feeling good about things. He tells me I can start weaning off the progesterone, so I start taking just 3 pills a day instead of my 4 for week 11, and I'll drop to 2 pills a day during week 12.

So now I'm freaking out, b/c the past 2 days (Thursday and Friday) I had mild nausea, still there, but not near as bad. Today, I feel perfect. No nausea at all. This scares the crap out of me.

I think I have two questions: One - do you think it is possible that starting to take less progesterone is doing this? Two - is it too early for my symptoms to start tapering off NORMALLY?

So sorry for this long post, if you've read the whole thing then you are wonderful! TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

Re: XP: Symptoms tapering

• I can't tell you about the progesterone but you're definitely at the point that your nausea might be getting better!  You're fine I'm sure- esp. since you just saw a healthy LO at your appt.  Enjoy the freedom from nausea... mine is still hanging on and I'm so ready to be done with it!!

• As far as your progesterone, not gonna question your doc because that's what he went to school for 7 years + for, but the placenta takes over production of progesterone at week 10. What you are getting from those little pills is literally nothing compared to what your placenta is making!

As far as the nausea, remember everyone is different and you may just be done with morning sickness for now. I never got it sick...well I felt sick 1 time at 10 wks for a couple of hours and threw up and was instantly better after I had. So I won't count that as morning sickness. There are some that are sick all 9 months! So I wouldn't put any fear into that because symptoms come and go like crazy!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I definitely think that it could be the lower dose of progesterone that is causing your m/s to dwindle... Progesterone is the hormone that is thought to cause people to have m/s in the first place (hence why some people will say that if you have m/s, then you are doing good - b/c it means your progesterone is high), so if you have lower your progesterone, then I wouldn't be surprised if your m/s is lessening.

Also, I think it is about that time that your symptoms start tapering off.  I would try to relax (I know, easier said that done).  When do you go for your next u/s?  Maybe that will help. :-) 

formerly *Abby*
    BFP 10/05/09 - natural m/c 10/22/09... BFP 07/18/2010 - My BFP Chart - Due March 29, 2011
    My Pregnancy Blog
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    "You are the best thing, that's ever been mine." - Taylor Swift, "Mine"
    Labor Buddy to leneae10 and kilissa
  • image*Abby*:

I definitely think that it could be the lower dose of progesterone that is causing your m/s to dwindle... Progesterone is the hormone that is thought to cause people to have m/s in the first place (hence why some people will say that if you have m/s, then you are doing good - b/c it means your progesterone is high), so if you have lower your progesterone, then I wouldn't be surprised if your m/s is lessening.

Also, I think it is about that time that your symptoms start tapering off.  I would try to relax (I know, easier said that done).  When do you go for your next u/s?  Maybe that will help. :-) 

Ya, I'm not sure about the first part there. Some of my sickest pregnancies have resulted in m/c, although I'm sure the Pro supplements have their own side effects.

With this pregnancy, my nausea was gone by week 12. The major food aversions that came with the nausea stayed till week 16 though.  Hopefully this is the end of "morning sickness" for you.

Marie, wife to Ron, mom to DS
  • My nausea started improving in week 11 and was gone by week 12.  Not necessarily a sign of anything being wrong.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • as you head towards the 2nd trimester, your early pregnancy symptoms (such as morning sickness) are supposed to fade as your body gets used to the pregnancy hormones. Some women aren't that lucky and have morning sickness the entire pregnancy but by week 8 to 9 the placenta takes over progesterone production. You're supposed to feel better the further along you get, I promise. 

FWIW, i barely had any symptoms at all other than gagging and sore boobs and i"m currently 38 weeks pregnant. So symptoms don't always = a successful pregnancy and lack thereof doesn't = a doomed pregnancy 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Labor Buddy to Blowfish11
  • I don't have any experience with the progesterone but my morning sickness started going away about 12 weeks, so I wouldn't worry about that. I do remember feeling a little panicky because it was going away, though, so you're not alone!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    BFP/Labor/Everything Buddy: Papetvet/Erpetdoc
  • imageMarieGranados:
    image*Abby*:

I definitely think that it could be the lower dose of progesterone that is causing your m/s to dwindle... Progesterone is the hormone that is thought to cause people to have m/s in the first place (hence why some people will say that if you have m/s, then you are doing good - b/c it means your progesterone is high), so if you have lower your progesterone, then I wouldn't be surprised if your m/s is lessening.

Ya, I'm not sure about the first part there. Some of my sickest pregnancies have resulted in m/c, although I'm sure the Pro supplements have their own side effects.

Yeah, I should have clarified... I have heard of many cases of people that have had severe m/s and unfortunately had m/c... So, I wasn't trying to say that things are fine just b/c you have m/s.  I have just heard a lot of people say, "oh, the doc said I'm good b/c I am having alot of m/s".  I don't necessarily think that it is true, but just saying that this is where I think that the OWT comes from.  Does that make sense?? Sorry for the confusion.   

formerly *Abby*
    BFP 10/05/09 - natural m/c 10/22/09... BFP 07/18/2010 - My BFP Chart - Due March 29, 2011
    My Pregnancy Blog
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    "You are the best thing, that's ever been mine." - Taylor Swift, "Mine"
    Labor Buddy to leneae10 and kilissa
  • Thank you ladies...I appreciate the input!
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"