Breastfeeding
Options

help - won't nurse

DS has been a great eater for these first three months.  Now he won't nurse on the right side.  He pulls off after 20 seconds, but still asks for food.  I put him on my left side (my smaller side) and he nurses fine. 

Can there be something wrong with my right side?  Why would he not want to nurse on just one side

Re: help - won't nurse

• Options
    same thing happened to me at one point.. sometimes they just like one side better than the other for some reason, but you need to make him eat off the right side.. try changing positions or take a breather and then try again.. if you continue to let him only nurse on the left side he will try to do that every time. good luck!
  • Options
    Have you tried a different hold on the right side that makes in lay on the same side as he would when feeding off the left?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You can try starting him on the left and then move him over to the right without turning him over, so now he'll be in a football hold on the right side.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageAMYfromKY:
    Have you tried a different hold on the right side that makes in lay on the same side as he would when feeding off the left?

We do football hold on both sides.  So typically his head is right below, but it would have a slight turn to it, so maybe I'll try the cradle to mimic the angle of football on the other side?

• Options
    maybe the flow is too fast. try expressing some before.
  • Options
    I have the same issue.  LC thought it may have been reflux.  Started DS on zantac and of course it did not help.  Been dealing with this issue for over a month now and now my supply has tanked.  Really frustrated with everything that I am thinking of switching to formula now :(
  • Options
    Does he get fed bottles of expressed milk occasionally by someone else?  I've noticed people tend to favor holding a baby in a certain arm while bottle feeing, and the baby may come to prefer this. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"