1st Trimester
Options

HB in 2 different spots? Or 2 HBs?

I found the HB on my home doppler last Sunday night. It was higher than I was expecting it to be, about 1-1/2 inches above my pelvic bone (or is it called pubic bone?). It was 144bpm.

I tried again last night and for the life of me could not find it there. I started searching around in different spots, nothing!

Then I did what another bumpie suggested earlier this week: I laid down flat and tilted my pelvis up. I pointed the doppler basically under the bone and found the HB, it was 162bpm.

That's a good 1-1/2 inches lower than it was 5 days ago. I couldn't find anything up higher, so I only heard one HB, but isn't it strange to be in such drastically different places? Especially since it was higher the first time?

Re: HB in 2 different spots? Or 2 HBs?

• Options

i find what i'm thinking is the bloodflow in the placenta around 130, and my baby is at 170.. 130 is always in the middle above my pubic bone, and covers what seems like a 2 or 3 inch area, then baby is usually right around there.

perhaps it is just that?

• Options
    I can definitely tell what the placenta is. I found it last night and it was slower than 140. It sounds different than regular blood flow because there's also a wooshing sound with it. The baby's HB is definitely distinguishable from it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagerobbysbride:
    I can definitely tell what the placenta is. I found it last night and it was slower than 140. It sounds different than regular blood flow because there's also a wooshing sound with it. The baby's HB is definitely distinguishable from it.

I just realized that sounded snarky. Not my intention at all. Just noting the differences I'm hearing. I do appreciate the help Smile

• Options

I've never used a home doppler, so disregard this at will, BUT:

It seems logical that since your LO still has a lot of room in your uterus it's completely possible that LO could move that far in 5 days.

No idea if that's true or not, but it seems logical to me.  

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Baby probably just moved!  They've got tons of space and are moving independently by this point.  Even at your OB's, the HB will be found will be in a different spot clear until the end of the pregnancy when they run out of room!
  • Options

That all makes sense. I was just thinking that if it's stuck to the uterus, it wouldn't move that far, but I suppose it is floating around. I'm just not thinking too clearly right now Smile

Probably some wishful thinking thrown in there too!

Besides, with this being #3, I should know this. But I think I get dumber with each kid. DD says I obviously gave her all my brains!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"