Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Plastic or Wood Table/Chair Set? POLL

I've been looking at many different sets for DS. I really like the possible wear-n-tear a plastic set can handle, but aesthetically like the look of the wood. I can't decide.

What will you buy/have you bought for you precious DC?

Thanks!

Regarding a plastic set, this is the one I have in mind. Looks a bit nicer and sturdier than other sets (and larger).

[Poll]

Re: Plastic or Wood Table/Chair Set? POLL

• Options
    H bought DS a Toy Story 3 table and chair set and I hate it.  We are sep (but trying to work things out) but he lets DS sit at it (it's in the living room) and watch tv while they eat and I hate that.  With me, DS and I eat together with my parents (I live with them right now) and the tv is on but we don't watch it, or many times the tv isn't even on.  Anyway, my point is I hate it and it looks cheap especially in the living room.  I told H if/when I move in there that table is going outside and will be for paint projects, etc. only and we will get a nice wooden one that can double as a desk for when he gets older.  His bedroom furniture is nice espresso color and very age appropriate for any age, it is not babyish at all and I like the idea of keeping it similar.  I hate brand stuff like the table it drives me insane.  Plus DS doesn't even know what Toy Story is so it's just pointless.  Sorry, apparently I needed to vent!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagesapphirebride06:
    H bought DS a Toy Story 3 table and chair set and I hate it.  We are sep (but trying to work things out) but he lets DS sit at it (it's in the living room) and watch tv while they eat and I hate that.  With me, DS and I eat together with my parents (I live with them right now) and the tv is on but we don't watch it, or many times the tv isn't even on.  Anyway, my point is I hate it and it looks cheap especially in the living room.  I told H if/when I move in there that table is going outside and will be for paint projects, etc. only and we will get a nice wooden one that can double as a desk for when he gets older.  His bedroom furniture is nice espresso color and very age appropriate for any age, it is not babyish at all and I like the idea of keeping it similar.  I hate brand stuff like the table it drives me insane.  Plus DS doesn't even know what Toy Story is so it's just pointless.  Sorry, apparently I needed to vent!

No, it's okay! It's always okay to vent!! Smile

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't vote, but I think the little wooden tables are adorable, but I was worried about crayon/marker on them, so we went with plastic.  You can never go wrong with Little Tykes, that stuff lasts forever.  We went with the Ikea one.  I can't think of what it is called, but we went with a round blue table, 2 pink chairs, and 2 green ones.  I can sit comfortably on them so that was a plus.

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• Options

I've been lurking on this board this week, but if I may suggest:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Step2-New-Traditions-Table-and-Chairs-Set/11319078?sourceid=1500000000000003260370&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=11319078

It is plastic, very sturdy but fits in to any decor since it's so neutral - we love it!

• Options
    I bought Lily a $25 wood/laminate table and chairs from Ikea. She's been using it for over a year and it's held up well for the money. I really just don't like plastic furniture in the house.
  • Options

imageironmommy:
    I bought Lily a $25 wood/laminate table and chairs from Ikea. She's been using it for over a year and it's held up well for the money. I really just don't like plastic furniture in the house.

I don't care for plastic furniture much either, but it'll be going into his playroom so I'm a little more flexible with the idea.

Thanks for your thoughts!Smile

• Options
    Thanks!  I hate that he and DS don't talk - they just watch tv and that drives me bonkers.  I want a family dinner!!!  Anyway, I think most crayon and stuff could easily be wiped off and so many of the markers, etc. are washable anyway so I don't know they wouldn't come off with a little elbow grease?  I just want something that looks good now and in a few years when he is into something else or some new cool phase - b/c toy story dates itself, but a nice wooden table/chair will not.  That probably doesn't make sense though haha. 
  • Options

imageironmommy:

This is the one I wanted to get ds.  However, FIL bought him one for Christmas and got him a  plastic one.  I don't love the plastic but it has spent a lot of time on the deck this summer and I like that we can use it outside without worrying about it.  If it was staying inside 100% then I wouldn't want the plastic.  

• Options
    we got DS the wooden Tot Tutors primary colored set from Amazon for his b-day.  it looks like a nicer piece of furniture and i dont mind having it in my living room (we dont have a playroom).   he uses it mostly for coloring and building puzzles.  he has gotten crayon on it a few times and it wipes right off with a baby wipe!  that's huge in my book!!!
  • Options
    We have a pbk set and I have two kids placemats on it to protect it from wear and tear.  I'm also going to buy a kids tablecloth to protect it when we do art projects.  I don't know how they would hold up...but Ikea has some cute wood sets if you don't want to invest a ton of $.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"