Pregnant after IF

Concerned about movement?

The past 2 weeks this kid has been on a roller coaster or seomthing. More active than not and multiple times a day. For the past 2 days, nada. We've actually started usng the Doppler more because I'm getting upset about it. DH thinks maybe s/he just changed position and its harder to feell now, but I'm telling you... NOTHING. And we were already athe point where DH was feeling movement too.

it doesn't help that I really haven't been feeling well the last couple of days so of course I'm worried something is wrong.

someone reassure me?
Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
The Dandelion Archive
"If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Concerned about movement?

• smileesmilee member

I would have stretches like that all the time.  I can remember being near tears on the way to work because I had not felt him move.  I actually called DH a few times because I was so scared. 

But, then I would feel him again.  

This happened off and on throughout my pregnancy.

It is normal hon, but if you are really , really worried ( and I understand that) call your OB.  They can get you in to see and hear smudge.  That is why they get paid the big bucks!

I know smudge is fine :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks smilee! That actually makes me feel a little better.

I hope things are getting better for you guys.
    Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I think when you're still early on it's normal for them to have stretches where you can't feel them.  You're husband's probably right that the baby rolled or something and now you just can't feel the movement.
  • DochasDochas member
    I went through a stretch like that too.  But I would call the doctor too if you're upset.  I did try to have some juice and lay in bed quietly on my left side until I felt a little something.  I was probably a week or two further along at the time though.
    TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I went through phases like that with DD all the time.  It made me sick with worry, and I was very dependent on my Doppler.  I made an emergency visit to L&D at 24 weeks because I was such a wreck about her lack of movements.  But she was always fine!

Now these boys never stop moving.  Ever.  Every baby is different.  Some just like to chill from time to time - and that is okay!

But, I always like to play this on the safe side.  If you can't find a time in the day where you can get 10 movements in an hour (it doesn't matter when), then I would call. 
    DX: PCOS * Success with IVF

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This actually happend just last week for me. I had gotten big kicks right above the belly button for two days in a row at pretty much the same time both nights. And then suddenly the next day she was really quiet, no real movement around the time she was normally moving like crazy. I got kinda freaked out but then she started kicking around again only later at night but still it wasn't very strong movements. But then she got active again over the next day or so.

I bet little smudge is just fine in there, probably just rolled into a different position. My trick for getting the gummy bear to move is to lay on one side for a little bit and then flip over to the other side. Either that or lay on my back, one or the other usually works every time. But I also agree that if you really are concerned, call your OB. And don't worry about being a bother or a worry wort or whatever...I can't tell you how many "decreased fetal movement" patients we see at my work. You aren't the only one who get's scared when something seems off. *hugs*

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have been through phases like this as well, I'm sure everything is just fine  :)

You can always try to drink a glas of OJ and lay on your back to see if you feel movement as well.

• DochasDochas member
    imageLVBlvd:
    I went through phases like that with DD all the time.  It made me sick with worry, and I was very dependent on my Doppler.  I made an emergency visit to L&D at 24 weeks because I was such a wreck about her lack of movements.  But she was always fine!

Now these boys never stop moving.  Ever.  Every baby is different.  Some just like to chill from time to time - and that is okay!

But, I always like to play this on the safe side.  If you can't find a time in the day where you can get 10 movements in an hour (it doesn't matter when), then I would call. 

I just want to point out that my OB didn't have me do that until 27 weeks.  It might still be too early to be able to feel 10 kicks in an hour.

TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I go through this with baby A.  She is just a bit lazier than her brother.  I find that if I eat something sweet or drink some OJ that I can get her to liven up.  Or if I poke at her enough she responds.  I have realized that she doesn't kick me as much as she kicks her brother.  And I noticed the different type of kick a few days ago. 
    DH-NOA confirmed with TESE, ME-Unexplained After 1 Miscarriage, 6 IUI's, our little miracles are here. Proud Parents of Twins. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    We're Finally Three
  • i pretty much agree with everyone that (a) it's probably fine, but (b) can't hurt to call your doctor just to be safe. i'm supposed to call if baby stops moving, BUT i'm way further along--my doctor only has people start counting movements at 28 weeks. i agree that at the stage that you're at, subtle movements might not be felt, so it probably is just a change in position or something.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"