Breastfeeding

How to pump to increase supply?

My supply has gotten low.  Today I got my period which seems to be a sign.  I will try to pump to get my supply back up but I am pumping nothing (or a small amount).  How long and how often should I pump to get supply back up?  And it seems like pumping what little I have is only being counter productive???

Re: How to pump to increase supply?

• Pump 10-15 min after each feeding.  Then if your baby is still hungry give her what you pump in a bottle.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Pump hands free but do compressions https://newborns.stanford.edu/Breastfeeding/MaxProduction.html

Use warm washcloths on your breasts before pumping

Have a bottle of water while you pump, you can get thirsty.

Have some ?inspiration? like a picture, blanket or lovey that reminds you of your LO

Check your flange size, many people pump with the wrong size.

Turn the pump to the maximum you can stand, then turn down slightly.

If the pump doesn?t have a let-down button, adjust it manually to start quick/shallow then to slower/deeper suction.

Try pumping while watching TV or something (don?t sit there and look at the pump) to get your mind off the task.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemichelfrog:
    My supply has gotten low.  Today I got my period which seems to be a sign.  I will try to pump to get my supply back up but I am pumping nothing (or a small amount).  How long and how often should I pump to get supply back up?  And it seems like pumping what little I have is only being counter productive???

if it is a result of AF nothing you do will bring your supply up, at least that has been my experience.  Mine drops when I ovulate (last friday I pumped two ozs total during my two sessions when I usually get between 8 and 10), it drops the first couple of days of AF, and at the end of AF.  It comes back naturally on its own once the hormones regulate again.  My baby nurses like crazy during this time and it is very frustrating.  GL 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"