Multiples

Gender Prediction with Multiples

Good Weekend Ladies,

We still have quite a few weeks to go until our big u/s but I was just reading something about gender predictions that stressed they can't always be made due to baby's positioning.  I was wondering if this makes it harder to predict with multiples because the babies are more crowded and may not move as much.  Was anyone unable to get a prediction and ended up having to wait until birth? TIA

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Gender Prediction with Multiples

• the nice thing about multiples is that you generally have a lot more u/s than a singleton pregnancy that usually just has the one at 20 weeks. I've had one or two a month since I became pregnant.  So even if they are in an unfavorable position at one time, you have a good chance of getting them at another. I was able to find out at 15 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah, ditto pp's. I did have to go in for a follow-up anatomy scan because they couldn't get all the measurements due to the babies blocking each other but it was just a few things (femur length for one baby, heart for the other baby, etc.) and I remember them saying that sometimes happens with multiples. We never had any problem seeing the sexes though.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemonkski:
    the nice thing about multiples is that you generally have a lot more u/s than a singleton pregnancy that usually just has the one at 20 weeks. I've had one or two a month since I became pregnant.  So even if they are in an unfavorable position at one time, you have a good chance of getting them at another. I was able to find out at 15 weeks.

Are you seeing an MFM? I'm going to my reg OB and they so far just gave me one at 9wks (which I had to ask for), my NT, and they said there will be  the 20 and 28 wk ones.  It was such a shock coming from the RE who handed out u/s's like candy on Halloween!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image2006july15bride:

imagemonkski:
    the nice thing about multiples is that you generally have a lot more u/s than a singleton pregnancy that usually just has the one at 20 weeks. I've had one or two a month since I became pregnant.  So even if they are in an unfavorable position at one time, you have a good chance of getting them at another. I was able to find out at 15 weeks.

Are you seeing an MFM? I'm going to my reg OB and they so far just gave me one at 9wks (which I had to ask for), my NT, and they said there will be  the 20 and 28 wk ones.  It was such a shock coming from the RE who handed out u/s's like candy on Halloween!

I'm now seeing a MFM after the NT scan - my OB's hand over all ultrasound monitoring to the MFM. We'll have one the next ultrasound at 18 weeks - then monthly till 26 weeks and then bi-weekly after that. My OB's reasoning is because the ultrasounds at the MFM are better equppiped to watch growth of twins.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We never had to worry about not getting a look -- I had a LOT of u/s.  We had a pretty definitive "girl" on DD at 16w and no guess on DS at that time, but at one u/s at 20w they confirmed DD and said DS was a boy, and then when I had an additional scan a few days later they said the same.
    After 20 months TTC with PCOS, we were blessed with twins!
    They arrived at 36 weeks after PTL and bedrest for 14 weeks. Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    imageimage
  • image2006july15bride:

imagemonkski:

I saw only and OB and had an u/s once a month until about 30 weeks, and then every other week until I delivered.

We found out the genders at 16 weeks. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"