December 2010 Moms
Options

Getting Ready to Tour L&D!

Yikes. One of our good family friends is an L&D nurse at the hospital where I am delivering. She offered to give us a private tour today. I'm excited, but kind of scared in a weird way!

Anyone else had their tour yet? Kind of makes it all the more real...  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Getting Ready to Tour L&D!

• Options
    We haven't done an official tour yet. At our last Dr. appointment we had some time to kill and L&D is right around the hall from the office (in the same building) so we took a stroll. I wasn't impressed right off the back because they are doing a lot of renovations. It was sweet that when we did walk down they started playing  a lullaby through the halls to let everyone know a mom had just delivered her baby. It made me tear up.
  • Options

imageLovesMM:
    We haven't done an official tour yet. At our last Dr. appointment we had some time to kill and L&D is right around the hall from the office (in the same building) so we took a stroll. I wasn't impressed right off the back because they are doing a lot of renovations. It was sweet that when we did walk down they started playing  a lullaby through the halls to let everyone know a mom had just delivered her baby. It made me tear up.

That's adorable!!

I haven't had mine either, I can do it Oct 9 when I do my birthing class there.  However, they are doing renovations at my hospital as well, and it won't be completed till Oct/Nov sometime.  So I will have a state of the art delivery room, which would be cool, but I just wish I could see how it will be when I get there.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    No, not yet.  In fact, with our birthing class we get a tour but I've realized our classes will be at a different hospital from the one we'll be delivering at.  So, lilm needs to make an appt for that Wink  Have fun!
  • Options
    cool!! have fun, I need to schedule mine for sometime soon :)   let us know if you come up with any awesome questions to ask!!
  • Options
    Our tour is scheduled for Sept. 16th. I'm kinda excited since this is a brand new hospital.
  • Options
    That's so exciting - I hope you enjoy it!
    Mum to W (4) and M (nearly 2)
  • Options
    Oh, that sounds like so much fun! I haven''t done it yet, but it's a part of the birthing classes we'll start in a bit. It's nice you get to do it by yourselves:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"