High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

**Lovenox Ladies Weekly Check-in**

Hi Everyone,

Its time again for our weekly check-in.  This check-in is for anyone dealing with clotting disorders, or for anyone doing once or twice daily shots of Lovenox, Heparin, Fragmin, Arixtra, etc. (you are also welcome if you are on any other blood thinners - coumadin, aspirin, etc.)  This is a place for us to share our frustrations, worries and triumphs.  Please let us know how you are feeling this week, if you've had any new challenges or if you have any new injection tips.

Here is the growing list of Lovenox Ladies:

Trish62505 (MTHFR) - 8/4

W&J?sMommy (LA and MTHFR) - 8/9

Betheppert (MTHFR and previous PE) - 8/11

CoolMoD (MTHFR and previous PE) ? 8/17

Abmn77 (FVL and MTHFR) - 8/20

Smeyer (FVL and MTHFR) ? 8/24

Southrnbellmeg7 (previous PE) ? 8/27

Mama of cuties (FVL (homogygous) and LA) ? 9/14

NicksChick23 (MTHFR) ? 9/24

ShanaNChris (Factor II, MTHFR, and previous DVT) - 9/26

Luvpinsanity (APS) ? 9/26

LeighMonkey (previous PE) - 10/6

Sprice1010 (FVL and protein S def) ? 10/10

FancyFeet10 (FVL) - 10/11

Jenn06L80 (FVL) ? 10/18

Gingergold (MTHFR) - 10/22

Jen~n~brett (MTHFR) ? 10/25

Jenny04 (FVL and MTHFR) ? 10/29

Lax15bsu (MTHFR and PAI-1) ? 10/30

Meagan78 (DVT) ? 11/4

Tyronne (FVL) ? 11/6

Str8ota (APS) ? 11/8

Margolicious (MTHFR) - 11/9

Struttonnorf (previous DVT) - 11/11

Kelley33 (FVL) ? 11/11

Mattbrit (Protein C deficiency) ? 11/17

Pinkamers (previous PE) ? 11/19

Mygirls2010 (MTHFR) ? 11/19

Piperjanesmom (APS) ? 11/25

Lulu3061 (previous DVT and PE) ? 12/7

Dieted01 (Protein C and S def and LA) ? 12/11

Manniejean (previous PE) ? 12/13

Heather&Shaun (FVL, MTHFR, previous DVT) ? 12/28

Cruisebride1208 (previous unexplained IUGR) ? 12/31

NikkiBenzo (Prothrombin mutation and LA) ? 1/2

Wiscgirl95 (MTHFR, PE and previous DVT) ? 1/2

Itsmevkb (MTHFR and previous DVT) ? 1/3

PeetiePie (APS) ? 1/4

nurseJK (MTHFR) ? 1/7

NikkiAnderson907 (FVL and previous PEs) ? 1/15

wifey006 (FVL and MTHFR) ? 1/21

Mrs. Thistletwat (FVL homo and previous DVT) ? 1/23

hawiingham (LA) ? 1/24

Ms.Messmer (FVL) ? 1/31

Atalanta04 (Protein C def and previous DVT) ? 2/1

Pamela05 (protein S def) - 2/2

sweetpea18 (MTHFR) ? 3/4

Wheelber (MTHFR homo) ? 3/16

If this is your first week checking-in, please let us know your EDD and the reason you are on blood thinners.

QOTW:  Do you plan to (or did you already) find out your baby's gender?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"You reach deeper until you can find the strength.  That's all life is, one big fight after another."

Angel babies: 9/19/07, 10/08/09, 1/05/11

Re: **Lovenox Ladies Weekly Check-in**

• Options
    We are still undecided on whether to find out.  DH would really like to wait, but I kinda want to know.  I think he'd be fine with either way.  Good thing we still have a few more months to decide.
  • Options
    We found out we were having a girl at 16 weeks, but had it confirmed again at 20 weeks (and again at 22, just to be safe).  It was all during my regular u/s, so it's not like we had to pay extra.  We just thought it would be a lot easier shopping and getting stuff ready if we already knew what the gender was.  I'm not patient enough to wait until I deliver!  :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    smeyersmeyer member

QOTD:  Yes, we found out the genders of our babies.  

Update:  As you can see by my ticker, we had our babies about 3 wks ago.  They were only 33w 1d, but I developed pre-e and my OB and MFM decided it was best to take them then vs. risk my health by carrying them longer.  They were both very healthy despite their early delivery and needed to be in NICU due to size and feeding only.  Our DD was in NICU for just shy of 2 wks and our DS was there for just shy of 2.5 wks.  They're both home now and we're happily adjusting to life as a family of 4.  :) 

• Options
    I'm due 1/31 so we have a couple months before we find out...but we definitely want to know at this point.  I guess that could change but so far yes!
  • Options
    I found out the sex of our baby as soon as we could! I am due on 11/11, and we are so excited to be having a little boy!
  • Options
    imagesmeyer:

QOTD:  Yes, we found out the genders of our babies.  

Update:  As you can see by my ticker, we had our babies about 3 wks ago.  They were only 33w 1d, but I developed pre-e and my OB and MFM decided it was best to take them then vs. risk my health by carrying them longer.  They were both very healthy despite their early delivery and needed to be in NICU due to size and feeding only.  Our DD was in NICU for just shy of 2 wks and our DS was there for just shy of 2.5 wks.  They're both home now and we're happily adjusting to life as a family of 4.  :) 

smeyer - So happy for you!  Very glad that you're healthy and the babies are home.

Thanks also for checking in - most of the other Lovenox mommies seem to forget about us once the babies are born :)

"You reach deeper until you can find the strength.  That's all life is, one big fight after another."

• Options

I've got 1 more week to go, scheduled c/s is next Friday!  It can't come soon enough for me, baby measured 9.8 lbs yesterday.

QOTW: yes, it's a girl.  I've found out with all my kids, couldn't stand to wait!

DS - June 2006 DD1 - November 2007 DD2 - August 2010
  • Options
    We did find out.  We both always wanted to know - and he's a boy!  Zane Tyler is going to be his name.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I definately want to find out...cant contain myself.  We are going to find out at our NT scan on Tues, I will be 12w2d....horrayyyy
  • Options

I'm in the hospital with preeclampsia so this evening I'm being switched from lovenox to heparin in case they have to deliver.

QOTW:  Yes, we are having a baby girl :)

• Options
    imagestr8ota:

I'm in the hospital with preeclampsia so this evening I'm being switched from lovenox to heparin in case they have to deliver.

QOTW:  Yes, we are having a baby girl :)

T&P to you and baby.  Thanks for checking in and please continue to keep us posted!

• Options

Best of luck to all the ladies who will soon be delivering, and those who are new mommies too!  T&P to you!

QOTW: we will find out on 8/12 at our anatomy scan if we're having a boy or a girl.  I can't wait!

For injection technique, when my hematologist found out that I was bruising  she suggested that I use a shallower angle for the injections, but that hurt like a beyotch!  So, I'm back to the regular old technique, which may bruise a bit more but is waaaay more comfortable.  Anything shallower (proper grammar?) than 45 degrees is completely out of the question for me now.    

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"