Parenting

My opinion on conservative Christians and sexting

I think perhaps the conservative Christian crowd may be more likely to not control themselves and may not be able to find a balance between friendship and an emotional or sexual relationship. Just seems like they're the ones more likely to have affairs, get pregnant as teens, etc. I have absolutely no basis for this besides personal experiences, but anyway, that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. I don't really know WHY I think they tend to be more unable to control themselves in certain situations, but it really does seem to be that way.

Re: My opinion on conservative Christians and sexting

• I agree. IME.  I think a lot of it is a lack of education about coping skills that others learn through education or experience when young.
  • Its that whole original sin stuff they buy into.  When its crammed down your throat on a weekly basis that at your core you're evil, you live in fear of any & all potential temptation. And i think you tend to see everything in its most sinful light.  therefore b/c someone once had an affair after texting, all texting must be evil. 
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesummerbrideDC:
    Its that whole original sin stuff they buy into.  When its crammed down your throat on a weekly basis that at your core you're evil, you live in fear of any & all potential temptation. And i think you tend to see everything in its most sinful light.  therefore b/c someone once had an affair after texting, all texting must be evil. 

You hit the nail on the head here (IMO). Especially the bolded. 

• Joining late but my friend taught in a Catholic elementary school and her DH taught in a Catholic high school, amazing to me that these kids are having anal sex instead of vaginal so that they are "virgins" or not to get pregnant, nice to see what you get with a lack of sex ed and no parents willing to tell you.  My friend hated that she had to teach sex ed by just telling them to abstain and when they had questions she could not answer them truthfully.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • imageLittlejen22:
    Joining late but my friend taught in a Catholic elementary school and her DH taught in a Catholic high school, amazing to me that these kids are having anal sex instead of vaginal so that they are "virgins" or not to get pregnant, nice to see what you get with a lack of sex ed and no parents willing to tell you.  My friend hated that she had to teach sex ed by just telling them to abstain and when they had questions she could not answer them truthfully.

This just scares me on many levels.  Yikes!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"