Multiples
Options

Did you have a twin theme for your baby shower?

So, my mom calls me yesterday and asks me if I have decided on a theme yet.......Since I'm only 13 weeks, my answer was ummm...no... 

After talking with my sister she informed me that they were looking into shower invitations and could only find peas in a pod or noah's ark.   I'm not "thrilled" with either idea, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?   I am not finding out the gender of the babies and since all of the issues with SIDS I am not planning on registering for a whole crib set since you shouldn't use bumpers and the quilt/comforter anyway.

Thanks!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Did you have a twin theme for your baby shower?

• Options

My mom is throwing my shower 8/29, and I know I am having 2 Boys but she made her own invites on paper with baby foot prints and here is the poem she used:

Twice the Blessing, Twice the Fun, Two Little Miracles Instead of One. It's a Twin Baby Shower. Then she just put all the info below it. She got paper at Joann Fabrics not sure if you have one, but there were general nuetral footprints too.

As for the twin theme, I think she is doing the favors  twin related, its a suprise she wont tell me what they are. But other than that just  doing flower arrangements for centerpieces and she did but a thing in invites to bring a pack of diapers and she is making chinese auction baskets to raffle for the ones that bring the extra diapers, ( this will be  anice start on our stock up of diapers.But no theme for it.

• Options
    I am with you.  I didn't like either.  If it's your first pregnancy (ie babies 1 and 2) you could do Thing 1 and Thing 2 from Dr Suess.  Since we already have DS, we are just doing One Girl, One Boy.  We have blue and pink stuff.  My sister made the cake.  Two white layers with one blue bow and one pink bow and a baby boy and girl on top.  It's precious.  I can't wait until 10:00 today. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My neighbor did the peas in a pod theme for the shower she threw for me. I don't remember my second shower having a theme. I'm not really big on themes for baby showers; I don't think there's anything wrong with just picking a color scheme but the theme is "babies." ;)
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options

imagemacchiatto:
    My neighbor did the peas in a pod theme for the shower she threw for me. I don't remember my second shower having a theme. I'm not really big on themes for baby showers; I don't think there's anything wrong with just picking a color scheme but the theme is "babies." ;)

I also think I agree with the them being just "babies" which is why I am having a hard time coming up with anything.  A couple of my friends asked about themes too.  I just had no idea this was coming!

• Options

My shower is on 8/29, and I don't think there is a true "theme", but these are the invites she ordered:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/50103949/dr-seuss-twins-one-fish-two-fish-baby

The invites/TY notes have a theme, but we'll see about the party!

Clomid x 2 cycles ..... BFN. 6/08 Gonal F with TI- BFN. 7/08 Gonal F #2 - IUI 7/11, BFN. 9/22/08 IUI #2 and Accupuncture - Chemical Pregnancy. 11/08 IUI #3 with accupuncture - BFN. 12/08 IUI #4 BFN. 5/09 IVF #1 ER 7/6/09, ET 7/9/09 - BFN. FET 12/18/09 - BFN IVF #2 -ER 3/6, ET 3/9, OMG - BFP!!! Beta #1 3/22 -332, Beta #2 3/24 - 701, Beta #3 - 14,889 - 1st u/s - TWINS!! SAIF ALWAYS WELCOME!!! ***Why can't 88 million sperm and 3 eggs find each other in an organ the size of a pear??*** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins--not through strength but by perseverance. - H. Jackson Brown
  • Options

My first shower had a "tea time for two" theme. It was in a tea shop,and there were tea-related favors and such. Very cute.

Second shower. No theme, really. Just a nice shower.

Third shower. Minnesota Twins theme. (I live in MN.)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Very cute ideas!   I just searched through a bunch of invitations and I like two little ducks, two giraffes, and two baby carriages.  I also really like the Dr. Seuss idea (especially since I'm a teacher). 

My shower will be in November, but I"m not due until February.  I was hoping to find something with two snowflakes, but no luck so far!

• Options
    We did our nursery in green/brown and monkeys. My friend threw the shower with that theme - from the invitations to the decorations - and a lot of my gifts that I got also had that theme. It was really nice to get stuff we liked decoration-wise, but it also extended to the clothes we got too. I would go with your nursery theme :)
  • Options

imageMrsLee04:
    Our showers matched our nursery theme.....Hawaiian.

Oh yeah, I guess my second shower did semi-follow the nursery theme (sailboats/beach theme).

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"