Northern California Babies
Options

Suggestions on getting rid of bottle?

So A has never been very good at the sippy - we've tried hard spout, soft spout and straw.  He has been ok at the straw for awhile, but truly may get 4 oz of water in all day and that is giving it to him at breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and after walks or when out and it is hot.  SO, I have been not in the hugest rush to get rid of the bottle, so I can make sure he gets fluid.  He gets 3 8z bottles a day - am, before bed and before his morning nap.  WWYD?  He is now 14 mo.

Re: Suggestions on getting rid of bottle?

• Options
    We're in the same boat except DD is almost 18 months.  Embarrassed  She drinks water and watered down juice just fine from sippy cups, but she barely touches her milk when we put it in sippy cups.  I'm hoping our upcoming vacation will distract her away from the bottle.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Have you tried milk in the sippy? Maybe she is just not a big fan of water. Have you ever tried a regular cup? (not a sippy)

Maybe try a day with out the bottle and if she gets to the point where she wants the milk she will be more likely to take it?  

ETA: Sorry, him! I saw the PP and got mixed up. Also milk is not as important at this age, 16 oz/day is fine. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ditto Amy about puting milk in the sippy. You could go cold turkey without the bottle for the day and see what happens. He might surprise you! Since he's eating lots of solids I think you could get away with eliminating the bottle. What does your pedi say?
  • Options

Orion was 20 months when we stopped the bottle. and what we did is we went on vacation, and only took 1 with us. I waited to see if he would ask for it, and he never did, so i called our roommate back home and had him hide all the bottles. Orion never saw one so i dont think he ever thought to ask for it.

i would try giving milk in the sippy, and then water down apple juice. May to start just cut it down to 1 bottle day?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"