Success after IF
Options

S/o when did you start reading to LO?

I had bought the book "on the night you were born" the day I went into labor... I wanted to read it to him that first night, but I was so sick that we didn't do that... And I still haven't read to him yet. Am I a slacker mommy?

Re: S/o when did you start reading to LO?

• Options
    haha - no, not at all : ) We have read to Paige since she was a few months old.  But now, she doesn't even let us! She much prefers to flip through the books herself.  We try to peek over her shoulder to point things out to her and say what they are, but she flips pretty fast.
    DX: PCOS * Success with IVF

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    He is such a little guy right now.  Don't worry about reading to him at this point.  But we started to read to him pretty soon after he came home.  It made us feel good, even if he didn't have a clue about it.  We've read to him every day since he's been home and now he brings books to us for us to read to him.  Such a great feeling!
    Allison
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We just started.  It's hard to read to two babies at once before bed, but we do it during the day now.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

We started way early but mostly just as a way to do something with all the kids... J and S read to Henry.  I read to Henry and J.  S reads to J.  S reads me things she writes, etc.

We're huge book nerds so it's just part of our life.

However at less than 2 weeks old of course you're not a slacker!!!

• Options
    For anyone that knows Charlie in real life they will understand this... It's been about 2 months for us probably. Yes we'd do a book here or there but just recently has he sat through a book and been interested in it. Charlie is VERY busy and 100% boy that would rather climb a dresser than sit and listen to a book.
    imageimage
    Married 8.13.2005, M/C 12/8/06- 5 weeks, M/C 2/27/07- 7 weeks, M/C w/ D&C 8/10/09-6.5 weeks *Charles Lawrence born 5/2/08 @ 3:14am, 7lb 8oz, 20.5 inches. Clomid, Crinone and baby aspirin. *Alexandra Claire born 9/14/10 @ 9:52am 6lb 14oz, 20.5 inches. Femara, Crinone and baby aspirin. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I looooove that book. Katen likes the part where she wiggles her toes. 

We've been reading "at" them since birth. It took a while until they sat and listened to a book though. Ana is much more laid back and will sit but Katen was close to a year old before she'd sit through even a short book.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I pretty much started reading to DD once she was maybe 4 or 5 weeks old, I know she didn't understand what was going on but it was nice to cuddle and share a book with her!  She absolutely loves, loves, books!! We read first thing in the morning before she will even get out of her crib, throughout the day, and before bedtime too!  She is soo happy when she sees a book and will bring it to us to read it to her :) 
  • Options

I have been reading to E since he was 6 weeks old. We read 10 or 12 books a day. It is never too soon or too late to start!

Some infants just dont want to sit, others do. You;ll know!

2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Haha No.  We didn't start reading until they were about 5 months old.  They went through a phase where they wouldn't sit for a book no matter what we did.  We would put the book away and they'd come back and say 'ree' we'd tell them if they sat, we'd read.  It took awhile but now they bring us book after book to readand they sit for the whole book.

twin girls after 43 months of TTC.. Katherine Emily (5 lbs 12 oz 19 1/4 in) and Karly Elizabeth (5lbs 7 oz 19 in) imageLilypie!!My bio!! !!My Blog!! imageimage

• Options
    Thanks!! I was starting to feel bad!! Lol! I want to try to instill a love of reading into him....so I should start soon I guess while he's captive ;)
  • Options
    I feel like an idiot... We read to smudge now.
    Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I started reading to dd before she was born. I love books and being a teacher I have a large collection of childrens books. Once she was born we started reading to her as soon as we had energy ( you are not a slacker mom). Dd loves books and brings me one after another to read to her and she'll spend 10-15 minutes looking through books and babbling to herself. I love my little book worm!

Clomid M/C 8 weeks 2/08 *IVF #1-DD born 3/09
    *Surprise BFP-T18 baby lost at 13w 1/10 *FET #1-DS born 2/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

We weren't good at reading to him - well we tried when he was 1m old but not than a month.  I think boys are kinda worse for reading.  DS would eat the books until after 12m and honestly he still rips the pages (on real books).

he flips through on his own or sometimes lets us read to him.

• Options

imageLVBlvd:
    haha - no, not at all : ) We have read to Paige since she was a few months old.  But now, she doesn't even let us! She much prefers to flip through the books herself.  We try to peek over her shoulder to point things out to her and say what they are, but she flips pretty fast.

This!  I'm so happy to hear I'm not the only one.  She really does love to look at books and will sit on my lap and point at something but once I start to describe anything, she's on to the next page.  And half the time she "reads" upside down anyway ; ) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageGenRN45:
    I feel like an idiot... We read to smudge now.
    . Don't fell silly! That's adorable! And they can hear you! I remember someone here was reading to her twin boys while pregnant and they always wanted to hear the same story... When she had her little girl that story caught her attention... She recognized the cadence of her moms voice reading it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"