Houston Babies
Options

Daycare field trips

My SIL sends her boys to Primrose and during the summer they go on field trips. I was wondering if any other daycare takes the children on field trips during the summer. I tried to search online but did not really find anything last night.

DSC02496
5/17/09 Silverlake Sprint Triathlon 1:28:32
10/3/09 Susan G. Komen 5K 28:58
1/17/10 Chevron Half Marathon 2:09:08
2/27/10 ConocoPhilips Rodeo Run 10K 1:10:49

Re: Daycare field trips

• Options
    The daycare where we're sending Cooper starting in September is run more like a school than a daycare.  The older kids go on all sorts of field trips all year long.  The babies don't, obviously.   Looking at the May calendar classes went to the zoo, the public library, the fire station, the arboretum, and a few other places.
    My big boy is bounding towards 4! Baby brother coming in October!
    Hipster dog is not impressed.
  • Options

Every DayCare I've dealt with has done summer field trips. 

Micaela used to go skating every week, swimming, to the movies, etc. 

She loved it!  

~*~Jenn~*~
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    At our daycare the little kids don't do field trips, but they do have splash day, superhero day, and so on. I thought it was hilarious when they sent home an art project with Evan. I don't really think he did any art work at 3.5 months old, but you never know.  ;-)

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• Options

Our daycare does field trips (not the babies).

Sig - DD comes home with art projects all the time, they usually have her hand and/or feet prints on them.  The other day she came home with a really cute one, it was a little hot air balloon made out of construction paper and yarn and there was a cutout picture of DD in the basket.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    What are the names of the daycares if you do not mind me asking?
    DSC02496
    5/17/09 Silverlake Sprint Triathlon 1:28:32
    10/3/09 Susan G. Komen 5K 28:58
    1/17/10 Chevron Half Marathon 2:09:08
    2/27/10 ConocoPhilips Rodeo Run 10K 1:10:49
  • Options
    imageBabyLoveTX:

Our daycare does field trips (not the babies).

Sig - DD comes home with art projects all the time, they usually have her hand and/or feet prints on them.  The other day she came home with a really cute one, it was a little hot air balloon made out of construction paper and yarn and there was a cutout picture of DD in the basket.

That is too cute. Evan's just had his name on it, but he did have glitter in his hair so I know he was at least near by the art table. Ha!

TTC #2 since Dec 2011

• Options

imageRosesRRed:
    What are the names of the daycares if you do not mind me asking?

Evan is at a church school in Sugar Land. PM me if you want the name.

TTC #2 since Dec 2011

• Options

I think most do it. I know DD's does. I'm not sure what age they start at, the 2yo room does not go. I don't think the 3yo do either, I'm guessing they take the pre-K kids plus the school-age summer kids.

Judging by the hordes of field trip kids I've seen at the zoo at various times, I'd say 4yo+ is very normal, but not younger ones.

- Jena
  • Options

I know Kids R Kids does, the pre-k goes to the movies once a week and they have special activites at the daycare for them. I think they had a magician, a snow cone day, and a couple of other things planned. The school aged kids were going quite a few places over the summer, but there wasn't anything for the younger kids that I recall, maybe a splash day or something at the daycare, but nothing where they would actually leave.

• Options

My son's school doesn't, but they do have alot of fun days at the school like Splash Day, Pancake Bfast day, Pajamas Day, Halloween Carnival etc. I am not sure how I would feel about Joe going out and about during the day...

ETA: He has Tumble Tykes (kinda like toddler gynmastics) once a week at the school and for 3 yr olds and up, they offer Ballet, Computer Class and a couple other extra things that the kiddos can do right there on campus.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Creme takes the older kids on field trips.
  • Options
    imageMrsMGR:

ETA: He has Tumble Tykes (kinda like toddler gynmastics) once a week at the school and for 3 yr olds and up, they offer Ballet, Computer Class and a couple other extra things that the kiddos can do right there on campus.

A lot of daycares offer "extracurriculars"  which is nice because most of the "extra" classes for toddlers and pre-K age kids happen at times that are very inconvenient for most working moms.  Our daycare offers gymnastics, dance, a "sports skills" class, a cooking class, and piano.  I think they have karate too but it's not listed on the sheet I'm looking at. These classes do cost extra and different classes have different age requirements.

My big boy is bounding towards 4! Baby brother coming in October!
    Hipster dog is not impressed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"