April 2011 Moms
Options

What to Expect when you're Expecting...

Anyone heard good things about "What to Expect when you're Expecting"?  As we've all probably heard, it's the queen mother of all pregnancy books.  LOL

I have the third edition, but the fourth edition is the current one out. I started reading it tonight, so we'll see how good it is.

Anyone else have any pregnancy book recommendations?

Re: What to Expect when you're Expecting...

• Options
    I don't have any recs; but I think there was a post on this the other day. It might be down a little ways? Let us know what you think about the book! I haven't bought any yet, but plan to in the near future.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I read WTEWYE when I was pregnant with my daughter.  Honestly, I don't think it's a great book to rely on for pregnancy info.  I think it should be called "What to Worry About When You're Expecting" !!

I don't really have any other recommendations, but that one didn't sit well with me.  It just puts a lot of scary info in your head, IMO.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I just bought Great Expectations: Your All-in-One Resource for Pregnancy & Childbirth.  So far, I LOVE it!  Everything is broken down into sections that makes it easy to jump around the book to read whatever you're interested in at the moment.  There is also a great section in the back that reviews the pros & cons of certain baby products (which are essential, which are optional, etc.).  It's perfect for a pregnant-newbie like me. :)

Here's the Amazon link if anyone is interested:

https://www.amazon.com/Great-Expectations-All---One-Childbirth/dp/0760741328/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1280548935&sr=1-5 

• Options
    From what I've heard, you shouldn't read the 3rd edition.  I have the 4th, and it doesn't seem alarmist, like others have said.
  • Options

I have it and have read a bit. I have heard some pretty mediocre reviews of it from others. For me, I was just so excited to finally be able to buy the "bible" of all pregnancy books - felt a bit like a rite of passage - lol!

The other book that I have been reading, which is excellent is "I'm Pregnant - a Week by Week Guide". It is Canadian and does have some Canadian-based content regarding time off work etc., but otherwise it would be a great book for anyone in terms of the stage descriptions. I love it!

Enjoy!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

If you didn't already find it here is the link from when we talked about this the other day- looks like a pretty good list.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/40406013.aspx

• Options
    what to expect when you're expecting is GREAT!!  I have the what to expect before you're expecting also, and plan to get the what to expect:first year, ect... as well
    BFP #1 2/10/10: No HB on 4/29/10 at 15 wk, D&C 4/30/10, Baby measured 11-12 wks. First Pregnancy and first loss. BFP #2 7/25/10: Blake Daniel arrived 3/25/11 BFP #3 3/9/12: Our Turkey Baby! Due Date: 11/19/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    I downloaded the free iPhone app for it :) I have a copy of your pregnancy week-by-week that I really like.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"