Two Under 2
Options

Zoo Guilt

Today I took my son to the zoo and had the most wonderful day!  He loved all the animals and we rode a train and a carousel etc.  It was perfect!  Now all I can think about is that in 6 days I am going to have another child and things will never be like that.  #2 won't get his day at the zoo alone and who knows how long it will take me to venture out with the two of them to take #1 back to the zoo.  I feel like it's a lose-lose situation.

Re: Zoo Guilt

• Options
    No, no, no...you WILL get back to the zoo!  I laugh b/c I was at the zoo when DD (#2) was 3 weeks old.  That NEVER would have happened with DS (#1).  I have found that I am so much more laid back and easy-going with two.  I do things I never thought I would do.  Today I took them both to the park.  DS played, I wore DD in the bjorn.  Then she slept in her carseat while DS and I enjoyed a picnic.  It was fabulous.  You'll still have moments of guilt, but when you watch your little boy give your baby a kiss or try to hold the baby's hand, it's so worth it.  Really.  Good luck and enjoy it!
  • Options

imagevajen:
    No, no, no...you WILL get back to the zoo!  I laugh b/c I was at the zoo when DD (#2) was 3 weeks old.  That NEVER would have happened with DS (#1).  I have found that I am so much more laid back and easy-going with two.  I do things I never thought I would do. 
    This!

We went to the zoo for DD1's second b-day. DD2 was just over 2 mo. old. I never would have thought to take a 2 mo old out when I had my first. It's just so different now- in a good way!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Things are way different for me than above. This is where the AGE of your 2u2 comes into play. I was able to take the kids to the zoo in the double stroller once...but I can walk to our zoo. Other than that...My DS is too little to run around the zoo...

So I hear ya...it sucks being home so much. I don't drag my kids around for their naps because I need to get out...we are home, in bed...and it seems like there is always someone napping or eating. But it'll get better once both are on one nap and I have more time to do things.

You can take #2 to the zoo alone when the older one is in pre-school. :) Or on a weekend...we do lots on weekends.

• Options
    Oh my goodness don't feel this way! You will get back out there, and your LO will have just as much fun and it will be just as special. Ellie's first zoo trip was at 3 weeks, for one thing I couldn't stand to be in the house any longer and since we have a family pass it's a free activity. Think of it as just a long walk, you could do that with 2 right? The baby will probably sleep most of the time, and if not you'll make it work! Just think positively. We go to the zoo about once a week and even now with Ellie more alert and sometimes bored/cranky, I find ways to get Olivia involved with Ellie so that Olivia doesn't feel like I'm focusing on her little sister: I have her hold on to the stoller next to Ellie while she is walking, I have her point out animals to her and tell her what they say, we stop and eat so Ellie can roll around on the grass and get out of the stroller, sometimes I end up carrying/wearing her...but it's still SO much fun and such a good outing for us. GL, I hope you guys get back there soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Joe and Ashley ~ June 16, 2007 ~ Olivia Rae ~ May 12, 2008 ~ 9:06 pm ~ 8lbs 4oz ~ 20.5 inches ~ Miscarriage of twins ~ April 16, 2009 at 6 weeks. ~ Surprise BFP 6/23/09 13DPO ~ Eleanor Rose ~ February 18, 2010 ~ 6lbs 15oz ~ 20 inches ~ Caroline Ruth ~ February 19, 2013 ~ 6lbs 12 oz ~ 19 1/4 inches

Our family is complete!

• Options

I wouldn't look at it that way at all. When your LO is born, you'll be able to have them nap and go to the zoo so you and your #1 can have some special time. As your #2 gets older, you can have someone watch #1 and take #2 to the zoo.

It works out fine. I take all 3 kids to the zoo and they LOVE it! We're actually members of 2 different zoos!

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"