Parenting after a Loss

Meal suggestions for older babies/toddlers

Let me start by saying DS basically does eat what we eat.  But, I guess it would be nice to have some more kid-friendly food on hand.  This is what he had yesterday.

Breakfast: 1 whole banana, 2 fiddlesticks, about 15 puffs and 8oz bottle

Snack: Whole grain pear raspberry bar (3oz water)

Lunch: 1 cup of organic peach yogurt, 1 slice of whole grain bread, 4oz water and 8oz bottle

Snack: 2 fiddlesticks, a half dozen couple of cheese cubes, about 25 veggie puffs, 4oz bottle

Dinner: 3 chicken nuggets, 2 carrot slices, 1 cup of guacamole, 3 slices of pork, about a half dozen small roasted potatoes, 1 polly-o string cheese, a slice of zucchini bread, 6oz water, and 8oz bottle (for bed)

We were at our neighbor's house for dinner, and their kids (age 3 & 5) just had the 3 chicken nuggets and carrot slices, but Liam kept going and going... and going. I am not even sure he was full when we stopped eating, but there wasn't really any food left! He had never had chicken nuggets before, but since we were out, I thought he could have it as a treat.

The more he eats, the better he sleeps.. we put him to bed at 7:45 last night, and it's about 7:10 and he's still asleep so far!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Meal suggestions for older babies/toddlers

• that's a lot of food!

things that my LO likes = breakfast bars, bread (sometimes with jam or other topping), cheese, yogurt, muffins, fruit (esp blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, grapes, mandarin oranges), pasta, grilled cheese

other things i offer that he may or may not eat = steamed veggies (carrots, peas, squash, broccoli, etc), beans (black beans, etc), meats, hummus, eggs (scrambled or hard boiled)

that's all i can think of at the moment :)

BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    Surgery for ectopic pregnancy June 3, 2008
    BFP #2 September 25, 2008
    Baby boy born June 4, 2009 at 40 weeks
    8 pounds 13 ounces and 23 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
    First U/S February 25, 2011 = TWINS!!!
    Boy/girl twins born October 4, 2011
  • imagelkstor:

that's a lot of food!

things that my LO likes = breakfast bars, bread (sometimes with jam or other topping), cheese, yogurt, muffins, fruit (esp blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, grapes, mandarin oranges), pasta, grilled cheese

other things i offer that he may or may not eat = steamed veggies (carrots, peas, squash, broccoli, etc), beans (black beans, etc), meats, hummus, eggs (scrambled or hard boiled)

that's all i can think of at the moment :)

Yeah, I sometimes make DS a grilled cheese for lunch. He's a fairly adventurous cheese eater and will eat goat cheese and stuff like that. The only thing that seems to be hit or miss with DS is broccoli. I wonder if it's because I never ate it while I was pregnant as I didn't discover that I even liked it until recently.  I had asparagus at least half the days in a week and he'll eat asparagus like it's candy! He loves eggs too. I've only given him scrambled, though I don't even eat scrambled eggs typically - just the whites of the hardboiled egg - perhaps I should try giving that to him! 

He is still sleeping now at 7:30.  Hmm, why I did I wake up over an hour ago? :/

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • A couple days ago I posted a recipe I made that was a major hit with DD.  It's the zucchini and carrot fritters on this page.  I used goat cheese instead of ricotta and left out the cayenne and the dipping sauces.  Made enough for 4-5 meals for DD and it keeps well in the fridge.  I just cut them up into pieces and put them on her tray - warm or cold - and she loves them!
    Traveling the world with my girls - born 12 months and 18 days apart.
    <a href="http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/putalittlepolkainyourdot/?action=view
  • Whole grain pancakes, waffles, French toast... Quesadillas (whole wheat tortillas and hide some shredded veggies in there)...
    BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
  • Rice cakes or soy crisps. Freeze dried fruits and veggies. Kiddo loves chicken salad sandwiches - easy to make ahead.
    BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
  • I pretty much make Karsyn a plate of whatever we're eating for dinner. Some things she eats better than most. Her favs: Chicken Spaggeti, Taco meat with cheese, and scrambled eggs. Snack wise: Bananas, Toddler Mums, cheese, freeze dried fruits, crackers.
    image DD Kara Ashton 11/16/01 SD Karlee Nicole 11/04/00 DD Karsyn Joy 5/15/09 DS Connor Mack 2/25/11 DD Kaitlyn Mae 12/14/12 2 angels 6/2/08 and 6/9/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
  • Thats a ton of food! Sara doesnt even eat half that!

Some things we like--- Breakfast: Fresh fruit (she gobbles this up), toast and jam, pancakes and waffles. Lunch/Dinner: Mac n cheese, usually whatever we are eating, if it something she cant have like steak we do a gerber meal and she likes those. I cant say for dinner we do special stuff for her, really jsut for breakfast. Sometimes I make her a turkey and cheese quesadilla thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"