Attachment Parenting
Options

I want to give birth

Ha - I was going to title this "I want to have a baby" but thought this was more fitting.

I just spent like an hour lurking on the Natural Birth board and it really made me want to have a homebirth. When (if?) we have another, that's definitely the direction I want to go and i get really excited thinking about it. Sadly, it probably won't be a reality until DH is done with school in 2.5 years Crying

How do you curb baby fever?

I feel like 4 years is the perfect spacing of babes, but 5 or 6 years? I feel like by that point I'd prob be over it and ready to be done lol.

Re: I want to give birth

• Options
    I had an all natural birth but at a hospital and later told my dh and doula I want home births from here on out and gonna try a water birth. I still have a tiny one so I don't have baby fever but birth fever I do have lol. As crazy as it sounds I LOVED labor and giving birth and it is the most beautiful, exhilarating, amazing things I have ever done and can't wait to experience it again!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I want to give birth, too, but I am not ready for a baby right now. I would LOVE a homebirth, but I have a long way to go to convince DH. I'm pretty sure he won't go for it. However, I will still be happy to see my midwife again. I loved her.

I've been telling my pregnant friends lately how much I loved L&D and they think I'm a nut Stick out tongue

• Loading the player...
  • Options

a video shared on the photog board gave me baby fever BAD. but i'm definitely nowhere near ready.

i guess for starters, don't visit that birthing board. =)

• Options
    imagetripps:

a video shared on the photog board gave me baby fever BAD. but i'm definitely nowhere near ready.

I said curb not encourage...lol

ETA: and ya you're totally right about the board! It wasn't that I set out to read it, I just noticed it was there so I needed to check it out. I was suprised at how active it is!

• Options

imageanabell0920:
    I still have a tiny one so I don't have baby fever but birth fever I do have lol. As crazy as it sounds I LOVED labor and giving birth and it is the most beautiful, exhilarating, amazing things I have ever done and can't wait to experience it again!

THIS!  I don't want another baby right now, but I'd give birth every couple of months if there was a way to do it!  Best. Orgasm. Ever.

• Options

I would love a home birth or water birth, but with the way my first two births went, I don't think it's an option for me. :(

I suck at curbing baby fever, which is why I had 2u2, lol. So no advice from me.

ETA: I totally felt this way about my first L&D: "As crazy as it sounds I LOVED labor and giving birth and it is the most beautiful, exhilarating, amazing things I have ever done and can't wait to experience it again!" When I was telling my mom that I was pregnant again, I kept saying I couldn't wait for L&D and she said "you are clearly your mother's child." My mom is hardcore... 3 induced VBACs with no pain meds.

• Options
    image7river7wed7:
    imagetripps:

I said curb not encourage...lol

ETA: and ya you're totally right about the board! It wasn't that I set out to read it, I just noticed it was there so I needed to check it out. I was suprised at how active it is!

hahah, i thought i took out the link quick enough. oops sorry. =)

• Options
    I want a whole pregnancy/birth/newborn do over. I have had some baby fever lately & I'm hoping for a VBAC water birth next time, so I've been reading about natural birth & VBACs lately. I'd be crazy to TTC right now - Ari still doesn't sleep well, w/ his food allergies I'll be BFing for the foreseeable future (and I can't imagine being pregnant & BFing on this diet), & we really need to wait until DH is out of school. But emotions & hormones aren't always logical, kwim?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm a bit obsessed with this lately too. Despite my hope & planning of that perfect birth with DD, I had an emergency c/s that I don't entirely remember, so I've never felt like I "gave birth". I started reading more on VBACs recently, and mentioned it to DH- he looked at me like I was crazy. We're no where close to TTC again, so I'm trying to put it out of my mind for now. But then I heard a newborn "mewing" at the BF store yesterday and I nearly lost it...
  • Options

Even if you have a BEAUTIFUL home birth with no complications and everything you wished for come true, you'll want to do it again. Maybe even more so. If you know what I mean Wink

I

I

I

V

Hatching the Hawks
    Hatching the Hawks
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Haha, thanks for letting me know I'm not the only crazy out there who feels this way ;)

I LOVED being very pregnant, childbirth, and those first few newborn weeks. My sister & I are 15 months apart and it was wonderful growing up that close to her, so I'm trying very, very hard to convince myself to wait to TTC. I'm starting grad school next month & don't get any maternity leave until I've been there 1 year...but I don't have to take summer classes to keep my funding either, so I'm fighting the urge to start trying again in October...

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Everything is so exciting when you're one!
  • Options
    You will not regret a homebirth. I had a home water birth 6.5 months ago. Most awesome experience of my life!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"