Nurseries and Baby Gear

Dr Browns wide vs standard

so, I'm going with Dr Browns bottles and I was leaning toward the wide version as I hope to do a breast/bottle combo but it seems like the accessories for the wide versions (travel caps, dishwasher racks, etc) are much, much harder to come by and I'm wondering if they're being discontinued or something?  I can't find the travel caps ANYWHERE! and most of the Dr Browns accessories are only suited for the standard size. 

what's the real difference? anyone have experience with either?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dr Browns wide vs standard

• I've looked high and low for those also and can't find them anywhere.  Plus I've heard the Dr Brown standards are a pain to clean.  I bought a few to at least try, but I have a feeling we're going with the Born Free ones instead.  All of my friends rave about those..
  • We use the wide neck Dr. Browns and Born Free bottles. They're actually very similar except for the anti-colic system in each. I BF and preferred to use a bottle that would be similar to the breast.
    We do have the regular Dr. Browns, but haven't used them yet.

I don't know anything about the spare parts. The bottles came with everything that we needed. I usually just put the bottles in the fridge with the milk in them with the nipple and cap on. We travel with them that way as well and haven't had any problems. The storage cap that they came with works fine but it's just easier to have them ready to go.

I use a dishwasher basket for the parts and just set the bottles on the rack in the dishwasher like I would any other cup. Seems to work just fine. The parts get cleaned easily with a hot cycle.

• Loading the player...
  • I've used the standard Dr. Brown's bottles for DS. They are a pain to clean, but you get used to it. The one advantage I do know with these over the wide is that if you are planning on pumping and have the Medela PIS, they go right onto the pump, so you won't have to switch to different bottles later. I really loved that about the standard bottles.
  • I bought the wide because it was a more comfortable hold on the wrist...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Food Allergies to Eggs, Milk, Peanuts, Tree Nuts & Beef
    Challenged Soy and tolerated it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"