St. Louis Babies

Stopping Breastfeeding

I just recently had to stop breastfeeding and pumping. The doctor told me it was going to hurt but gave me no tips for subsiding the pain. Anyone have any home remedies or any suggestions to help with the pain?

Re: Stopping Breastfeeding

• I gradually stopped... I dropped a session each day.  I also used cabbage leaves and put them on me (I am not sure if it worked, but some ladies says it does).  Stopping cold turkey would have been killer for me.  I tried to extend the time between sessions every day until I was down to one and then I stopped completely.  Good luck!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • elbemrelbemr member
    I have never breastfed before but am a mother/baby nurse and we tell our patients to use ice packs to help with the swelling and pressure as it stops the blood flow the area temporarily.  Just make sure to use a barrier and only for small amounts of time.  Avoid hot shower water from hitting the breast, I would also not stop cold turkey if you can and decrease slowly to help prevent major engorgement.  Hope this helps. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I had to quit cold turkey after 3 weeks because of issues. It is not fun. If you can suffer through for a few days it gets better. I drank the sage tea, don't know if it made a difference but it wasn't the worst thing I have drank so why not try. I also went back to taking my allergy meds because they dry you up.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"