Breastfeeding
Options

Pump and Dump Question (Not alcohol related)

I absolutely love spicy food and am craving Mexican food so bad! Everyone keeps telling me that if I eat anything spicy that it will upset LO's tummy, and of course I don't want to do that. So my question is, if I do give in and eat something that is gassy how long does it take to get in to my milk and do I need to pump and dump it or is it like alcohol and it gets out of the milk? TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pump and Dump Question (Not alcohol related)

• Options
    Eat what you want.  Not all babies are bothered by spicy foods, just pay attention to make sure your LO doesn't seem to feel bad.
  • Options
    I agree with the pp-- I have eaten whatever I want (including spicy foods) and my boys never seem bothered.  Just be aware and if your baby responds badly, don't do it again!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

omg, i live in tx and i eat mexican food all.the.time.  never seemed to bother my girls!  lots of food can change the taste of bm (garlic, peppers, ect) and that is part of what makes bm so great.  your lo gets to experience different 'tastes' so hopefully they are more open to different foods once they start table foods. 

fwiw, dd #1 was/still is a great eater...i like to take some credit for that :)

eta-haha, your in tx too!  how could you even consider giving up mexican food!!

• Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    imagetwo-pink-shoes:
    Eat what you want.  Not all babies are bothered by spicy foods, just pay attention to make sure your LO doesn't seem to feel bad.
    This- spicy food doesn't seem to bother my DD at all! I love eating it now too because I don't get heartburn like I did when I was pg!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"