Upstate NY Babies

Any suggestions for sleeping in one room?

Ok, so because there will be like 100 people staying at my parents' house (we're having a little family reunion with my mom's side) we need to sleep in the same room with both kiddos.

Any suggestions? They'll both be in pack-n-plays. I'm afraid of Evan waking up, seeing us in there and thinking he can get out - and either one waking the other up.

I'm wondering if we can do something to block his view of the rest of the room.

Re: Any suggestions for sleeping in one room?

• We used to hang blankets over the side of my nephews PnP so he couldn't see out.. its probably not the best thing as far as sids risks and stuff.. but it would do the trick..

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • I have no idea, try to keep the room as dark as possible. Our cruise room was so teeny tiny that his pnp was 6 inches from our bed. Every morning I woke up to little fingers touching my face saying, "hi mama".
    imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • No, not really. We stay at my inlaws and E sleeps in the PnP in the same room as us. He ends up in bed w/ us at some point during the night 99% of the time! He just doesn't sleep well in the PnP, no matter where he is.

But, good luck ;)

• Don't know what they are called - they are like a folding door that people use to change behind.  I have seen them at Christmas tree pretty cheap before.

But honestly, I would just expect to sleep like crap bc even if he can't see you, he may hear you guys or dd.  Plus it is in an unfamiliar place too.

• imagejnk062602:

But honestly, I would just expect to sleep like crap bc even if he can't see you, he may hear you guys or dd.  Plus it is in an unfamiliar place too.

Haha...yeah...I am expecting the worst. DH said we may have to leave after one night.

• I have no idea, but I'll let you know at the end of next week after our camping trip.  We'll all be in one tent so it should be veeerryyy interesting!!
    Lilypie Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagesunnygirl05:
    I have no idea, but I'll let you know at the end of next week after our camping trip.  We'll all be in one tent so it should be veeerryyy interesting!!

You are one brave mama ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"