South Florida Babies
Options

Recommend your Pedi

Preferably in the SW Miami area and a girl (DH wants a girl since we're having a girl, lol).  Dr. K recommended a practice called Pediatric Professional Association near Sunset and 87th Ave.  If you have had experience with them, I'd love to hear about it.  

Re: Recommend your Pedi

• Options

Dh was a pharma rep for a few yrs and called on pedis, which he loved.  His favorite was Dr Enrique Canton... and he continues to say he will be seeing our children.  BIL takes his kids there, and they love him too.  He is always up to date w/ all the new studies / issues going on and actually enjoys his job, which is hard to find IMO.  I know you mentioned wanting a female doctor, but if you are open to males, this is our rec.  : )

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Our pedi is located on Sunset and 103rd- Westchester Pediatrics.  Her name is Mimi Abella-Blanco.  They're open 7 days a week, 364 days a year (they're only closed on Christmas) and they're amazing.  They do all bloodwork in the office, they  have a practice, but our Pedi is always available.  When I call the office, the pedi calls back- not the medical assistant or secretary, the actual dr.   She even calls to check up on the girls if I've had to take them in for sick appointments.  They're wonderful there!!  They have a sick waiting room and a well waiting room nad then have a nursery for babies under 4 months old.  We have also never had to wait more than 1/2 an hour in the outside waiting room to be seen and no more than 45 min total to be seen by the Pedi- and we've gone late afternoons and early mornings, too. 

305-273-1200... i highly recommend them!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh, and she's a mom herself.  She has twins (a boy and a girl) and a 3rd (i believe a girl.)  She follows the AAP when it comes to immunizations, but if you feel you want a different schedule, she will not fight you or be judgmental about it.  As a mom, she tends to give advice as well- how to get the baby to sleep on its own, breastfeeding, etc... She's incredibly patient (I think i called every day for the first month of abby's life) and isn't quick to medicating problems- she likes to try different methods for problems and makes sure the parents are comfortable with it and suggests several alternatives to solutions to baby problems!  I really, really love her!!  (and all my cousins go to her, as well as my sister in law and a few of my friends.)
  • Options
    imageMrsJOSEnADRI:
    Preferably in the SW Miami area and a girl (DH wants a girl since we're having a girl, lol).  Dr. K recommended a practice called Pediatric Professional Association near Sunset and 87th Ave.  If you have had experience with them, I'd love to hear about it.  
    That's where I take Abraham. He goes to Dr. Ginsburg, but there's a lady Dr. Kuhn, who's awesome.
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We go to Dr. Claudia Herrera in that office building across from Norman Brothers off of 87th Ave & Sunset. South Florida Pediatric Partners (305) 271-4711. They are open 7 days per week and have after hours until 9pm. I work at Miami Children's Hospital and asked several pedi's there who they recommend, and a lot liked her. She is super sweet and listens and always calls me back!
    Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMrs.ClariC:
    imageMrsJOSEnADRI:
    That's where I take Abraham. He goes to Dr. Ginsburg, but there's a lady Dr. Kuhn, who's awesome.
    J goes to Dr. Ginsburg as well :) we love him cause he's a little nuts just like Dr. K. We love that they are open 7 days a week and all the Dr.'s are wonderful. If you want a girl Dr. my goddaughter see Dr. Myers at the same practice. Her mother cannot say enough wonderful things about her :) I think Eli actually went to Dr. Kuhn as a child and said she was awesome. They do a tour/interview thing before the baby's birth. We did it at around 30 weeks. They showed us around the office, gave us a bunch of free samples and then we met with the Dr. He was open to the delayed vaccine schedule I wanted so that made me happy. They go see you in the hospital after the baby is born too. May not be your actual pedi but one of the Dr.'s from the practice. Again, they're great!
    TTC #1 May/June 2008
    CP 7.19.08
    Dx with PCOS 3.27.09
    HSG 7.15.09 = All clear
    8.09 & 9.09(re-try) IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel=cancelled due to cysts
    10.09 IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel Crinone 8%=BFP!
    22mm Follie / 60mil & 48mil post wash counts Beta #1 (14dpiui)= 102 Beta #2 (18dpiui)= 714 12.3.09 HB 135bpm

Our baby boy was born on 7.8.10 @ 38 weeks 2 days! 2:17pm 6lbs 8oz 20" long
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    TTC #2
    HSG 2.2013 - IUI 1/2, 3/4 = BFN - Took 4 month forced break
    IUI 5/6 Clomid 150mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel ( 11 & 15 mil post wash counts) = 2ww
  • Options
    We take DD to Pediatric Professional Association and see Dr. Jana Myers.  I love, love, love her!  She is awesome.  My OB recommended her when I was originally looking for a pedi.  I highly recommend her and everyone else in the office has always been great, too.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the recs!  I'm going to schedule a couple of interviews and then take it from there.
  • Options

Adri, go see Dr. Kuhn!! She is so lovely, she was my doctor growing up and I adore her. She always made me feel so comfortable, she would call my mom whenever we'd been in her office to see how we were doing, and she  was so good about giving my parents several options to deal with any problems. My little brother still sees her.

I know you'd love her!

imageimage

Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    When I lived down south, I took Alexis to Dr Kuhn - and I agree with the others, she's awesome!! She was so patient and warm and caring.  She would always follow up when I brought alexis in for a problem. 
    image image

• Options
    We go to Gables Pediatrics (their offices are in Merrick Park). They were my pedis growing up, so it was a no-brainer for me. Our main pedi is Dr. Salinero and I adore him, but that's because he's known me since I was days old and is like an uncle, so I'm probably biased ;) There are 6 doctors in the practice (and I hear they just added a 7th), and one is a woman. Again, it's hard for me to give an unbiased review, but I will say that their office is VERY busy, which I know can be a turn off (long wait times), but you can also see it as a sign that they're doing something right. They've been around forever and I consider them very reputable and trustworthy. You can't go wrong with all that experience.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"