Georgia Babies

C25K check in

Hi Ladies how is it going.  I am doing W1D3 tomorrow am.

I have been running the hood which is super hilly and been getting up at 6:30 to beat the heat.  Feeling good though.  I am going to the river tomorrow to get a nice flat run as a "treat".  Downloading the app on my Ipod touch and having good music is definitely key for me.  I am actually looking forward to my 30 min by myself tomorrow AM.

Re: C25K check in

• Good for you! I'm still nursing my shin splints back to heatlh but I hope to jump in and join you at some point. I'm registered for a 5K in 3 weeks so I've got to get on the ball! I ran sprints in a grassy field this week just to sort of test the waters with my shins. They ached a little but nothing like before so I might attempt a 2 mile run tomorrow. I'm going to ease back into it and I'm also learning how to run in vibrams ("barefoot footwear") so I'll have to go slow in those since it's a whole learning process for your feet/leg muscles.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ok my take is a little different--but let's face it I am way out of shape.  I am also on W1D3 tomorrow.  I am running at 6 am and in the hood as well.  I do not feel great yet, but I hope to soon.  I may do week 1 again next week.  I may go to the Silver Comet Trail tomorrow.  I have a nano and can't figure out how to listen to music and have the overlay of what to do--may have to buy an Ipod touch.  So I am doing this without tunes :(  The weather is rediculous!  Looking forward to fall!

Thanks for all the support ladies--I need it!

• Loading the player...
  • imageMelliebugs:

Ok my take is a little different--but let's face it I am way out of shape.  I am also on W1D3 tomorrow.  I am running at 6 am and in the hood as well.  I do not feel great yet, but I hope to soon.  I may do week 1 again next week.  I may go to the Silver Comet Trail tomorrow.  I have a nano and can't figure out how to listen to music and have the overlay of what to do--may have to buy an Ipod touch.  So I am doing this without tunes :(  The weather is rediculous!  Looking forward to fall!

Thanks for all the support ladies--I need it!

I couldn't get verbal prompts with my nano when I started a few months ago. I had to download podcasts that someone else had already created with the music and the verbal prompts. You can buy the nike+ for the nano, it won't give you prompts but you can hit the button every so often and it will tell you your distance and total time - not sure if that would work.

• I did download the C25K podcast and get the prompts just no music between the promts.   :(
  • Isnt running great and relaxing?? I love that me time.  Love it. I have Runkeeper on my iphone and I adore it :)
  • K&P414K&P414 member
    I'm headed to the gym right now to do W1D3.  I just have a regular ipod and use the timer on the treadmill to keep track of when to walk/run.  So far I love it!!
  • Melissa....you could just keep up with the time yourself......and listen to music.  The trick is to discipline yourself during the walk to make sure you know when to start the run as I tend to look at the timer more when I am jogging. 
  • imageMelliebugs:
    I did download the C25K podcast and get the prompts just no music between the promts.   :(

There are musical podcasts that people have created with the prompt voice-overs. There are some on this girl's blog you could download.

I have a HARD time running without music.

• I definitely wouldn't be able to workout, especially run, without music. It keeps me going.

I am on W1D3 too. Man I didn't realize how out of shape I was until I started this last week. I haven't done exercising since I did the shred months ago and man can I tell. Good luck everyone!

Derek 6.30.09 & Parker 4.1.11
    Family
  • Have a great week ladies!!! check in next Friday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"