Indiana Babies

BFers! Need your best "increasing supply" tips!!!!

LC says this next week is our best "window of opportunity" to increase supply, and I really want to make it work this time.

Aaaaaaannnndddd GO!!!

Re: BFers! Need your best "increasing supply" tips!!!!

• - Water, water, water
    - Sleep (ha)
    - Flax seed (I used it on everything I could think of)
    - Oatmeal
    - Lactation cookies
    - Make sure you're taking in enough calories

• Lots of water and lots of calories!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • FREQUENT FEEDINGS and/or PUMPING!

And yeah, water, calories, sleep (as if).

I'm all about trying other things, too, like lactation cookies and fenugreek...even though those things didn't seem to really work for me, but I also think I was too late.

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have a friend who recreated her full supply after a week in the hospital by being religious about fenugreek, lactation cookies, and mother's milk tea (that's the first link I found, it's usually closer to $4 a box). She also swears by a dark beer at night after baby's last feeding.
    Mother's Day, 2011
  • ditto the above.
    The biggest thing is feeding the baby whenever she is hungry. It seemed like she was eatting all.the.time, especially in the first 3 weeks but I've always had a good supply and I really credit it (partially) to feeding her often.
    Also, make sure that if you feed LO formula that you're pumping in place of that feeding. It seems like a lot of ladies on the BFing board don't do this and it ends up affecting their supply.

• Oatmeal. It helped us a lot.

• Junk food. Not kidding, I got my best pumps after high calorie meals. 

but more practically, a big batch of steel cut oats (made it every 4-5 days and reheated), dark beer, fenugreek, and mother's milk tea.

Good luck!!

• imagefruitcakes:

- Water, water, water
    - Sleep (ha)
    - Flax seed (I used it on everything I could think of)
    - Oatmeal
    - Lactation cookies
    - Make sure you're taking in enough calories

all of this and beer! 
    BFP #2 11/4/12 EDD 7/20/12 missed M/C 12/13/12 @8w5d D&C 12/21/12
    DX 2/7/13 with an alloimmunity + for anti-paternal antibodies started Lovenox daily & BA
    BFP 2/16/13 EDD 10/28/13

• I had a really great supply.  I slept well, ate constantly, and drank 32 oz of water every time I pumped (every 3 hours). That's it!

• imagelemen99:

I had a really great supply.  I slept well, ate constantly, and drank 32 oz of water every time I pumped (every 3 hours). That's it!

32 oz of water every 3 hours?  Wow.  Hollow leg...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"