Indiana Babies

stupid poly-vi-sol

Why must you stain EVERYTHING you touch???

Re: stupid poly-vi-sol

• Seriously.

When will they  make a no-stain version like they do for tylenol and motrin?

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I know. I hate that stuff. So much, in fact, that we never bought a full bottle of it. Our pedi gave us a sample bottle and I'm pretty sure LO spit 99% of it back out each time. I tasted it myself and couldn't believe that there are babies out there who actually will take it.Ick!

We've been just making sure that she gets some sunlight or is next to windows in the house a lot. Once it starts getting into fall, I plan to get the drops that I've seen discussed on the BFing board a lot. Apparently, you only need one drop and you can drop it into their mouth or even directly onto the nipple.

• Loading the player...
  • dd love the stuff. haha  I dont think she lets a drop go.  She stops crying and gets excited with I take it out and she sees the dropper.  

Whatever you do dont by the target brand, she still likes it but it smells gross. 

• We tried Poly-Vi-Sol at first and she wanted NO part of it. Like, ruined a few onesies and burp clothes trying it. So, we made sure she got some sun on her legs every day (talking her for a walk).

We tried Tri-Vi-Sol around 3 months (at the urging of our pedi) and she LOVED it.

So, you might want to try "Tri" instead of "Poly"... or just wait a little while. Not sure if it tastes different or not, or if she was just excited at 3 months to get something besides milk. :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageBrendaK:

We tried Poly-Vi-Sol at first and she wanted NO part of it. Like, ruined a few onesies and burp clothes trying it. So, we made sure she got some sun on her legs every day (talking her for a walk).

We tried Tri-Vi-Sol around 3 months (at the urging of our pedi) and she LOVED it.

So, you might want to try "Tri" instead of "Poly"... or just wait a little while. Not sure if it tastes different or not, or if she was just excited at 3 months to get something besides milk. :-)

This!  We tried Poly for less than an week before realizing that it just wasn't going to work.  She would always spit it back out, ruined several outfiits and blankets.  We asked the pedi and he had us switch to Tri.  She absolutely loved taking it.

• Ok, I'm in the minority here, clearly but 1: Emma loved it and 2: we never had staining issues.  I can't remember if I used shout that early or not, but it wouldn't surprise me.  I just don't remember it ever being an issue.  Sorry!
  • There's also D-Vi-Sol.  Our pedi gave us samples when Oliver was born.  I was breastfeeding and she said to use that until I stopped.  It didn't smell nearly as bad, didn't stain (it looks dark in the link, but really wasn't), and Oliver loved it.  I had a hard time finding it in stores because it was new I guess.  I ordered mine from Diapers.com, but obviously Amazon has it too.  (I can't remember where you are located, but Clarian West hospital pharmacy in Avon carries it - that's where our pedi is).

Sara ;)

Proud Mommy to Elliott 7.24.07 & Oliver 9.1.09 Our Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Definitely get the Tri.  I felt bad even attempting to give Isabella the Poly because it smelled so bad.  The Tri doesn't smell quite so bad. 

I'd always give it to her while she was stripped to just a diaper and she'd inevitably spit it back up as soon as I dressed her.  I don't know how many outfits were ruined by the staining.

• We mixed polyvisol (nasty) with 1 mL of milk and gave it to him before his bottle.  He was so hungry he ate it so fast he didn't even care or know what happened before it was gone.
  • imagelemen99:
    We mixed polyvisol (nasty) with 1 mL of milk and gave it to him before his bottle.  He was so hungry he ate it so fast he didn't even care or know what happened before it was gone.

This is what we did.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"