Breastfeeding

encouragement(long)

Just wanted to offer some encouragement to those who are just starting out BF'ing and having trouble. If this is something you really want to do then keep at it. I did, and finally, after struggeling for over 3 weeks my LO  finally started nursing! I wanted to give up many times but just kept saying to myself, "ill try one more time", and eventually he got the hang of it.

It was very hard at first and I was a mess, crying every day because all I wanted to do was BF. My milk didnt come in until 6 days after having him and it was very low supply. He wouldnt latch at all at first, didnt want anything to do with nursing and would fight me every time, would barely latch with the nipple shield & if he did it would last more than a few minutes.

But I kept offering him the breast after each bottle feeding and eventually I just started offering it at the beginning. After a few days of offering him the breast FIRST, he started latching and actually nursing enough until he was satisfied and it couldnt have come at a better time becasue I was ready to throw in the towel myself. He still struggles to latch sometimes and usually takes a few minutes of trying. I thought I was the only one going thru this becasue no one tells you how hard it can be.  Sorry this is long but I just wanted to say for anyone who is going thru what I went thru to hang in there and keep tryingSmile

Re: encouragement(long)

• Thanks for sharing your story!  I hope other new moms take a look.  I think no matter how prepared you are or how many people tell you that BFing can be tough, we all have those rough feelings in the first few weeks.  It's good to know we're not the only ones!

I'm glad things are looking up.  It'll just keep getting easier and easier from here!  I'm sure of it.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"