Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

May I join you?

Here is my story. 

I went for a dating u/s yesterday at 5:20 PM.  There were some unexpected results so the technician called my doc's office and the doctor instructed her to tell me to make an appointment tomorrow morning and they would squeeze me in to discuss the results.  They fit me in at 1PM today, what a horrible wait, but the doctor explained she wanted to talk to me in person because some patients have done crazy things in the past because of hearing the news in the wrong way (ie driving straight to the ER and demanding an abortion). 

So at my appointment today I was told our LO passed away at 8 weeks (2 weeks ago).  My doc gave me the option of waiting for it to pass naturally or getting a D&C.  Since I have never been under anestesia (sp?) and would rather not risk any complications that are associated with a D&C, I opted to wait 2 weeks to see if the baby passes.  At that point I will have another appointment and reconsider my options. 

The ultrasound also revealed a complex cyst on my right ovary (probably the one I O'd from for this pregnancy).  She is hoping it will disappear after I actually miscarry.  I have a history of painful cysts ruptures, so I am hoping this one just dissolves on its own too.  I have to go back and have another ultrasound for this in 6 weeks. 

The Dr. also reviewed my medical history and said I had no risk factors.  It was probably a non-inherited chromosomal defect and nature is taking its course.  This is good news for the next time I get pregnant I hope.  We are allowed to start trying again after 2 cycles. 

I just had my husband put the baby stuff I was starting to accumulate in the basement for storage...I just cannot look at it now. 

Re: May I join you?

• I am sorry that you have to join us and I am extremely sorry for your loss. This board is a comfort zone for myself and I hope it can be one for you too. I'm so sorry again... HUGS
    6/28/10: Lost our sweet baby Addyston at 18wk 1day to pPROM 7/24/11: Michael William born at 24wk 2d due to IC after an emergent cerclage at 18wks, 4wk home BR and 2 weeks hospital BR. Grow strong our little Miracle! 9/17/11: Michael joined his sister in heaven after 8 amazing weeks with us on earth. He fought a very hard fight but NEC was too much for him in the end. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm so sorry for you and your family.

T&P are with you.  Stay on this board for support; these ladies have been a wonderful source of strength for me and I'm sure will be for you, too.

(((Hugs)))

• Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry for your loss! This board has gotten all of us thru rough times. We are glad to have you here (just wish it was under different circumstances!)
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. I've only been on this board a couple weeks, but I've already found a lot of support.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP 1: 3/19/10 Loss: 7/9/10
    BFP 2: 12/28/10
    My Blog: Losing Sylvia
  • I'm very sorry. =(  Your story is very similar to mine.  My baby also stopped growing at 8 weeks and I found out at 10.  I also have to wait 2 cycles to TTC again.  I hope you find this board to be as helpful as I did.  Again, I'm sorry you are experiencing this horrible event.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Every night I prayed for you. Then when you were in my belly, I prayed harder. Now that you're in my arms, I pray even harder.
  • (((hugs))) I am in almost the same exact position.  It's tough waiting it out.  I had my husband put things away too.
  • ((hugs)) so sorry for your loss

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• I am so sorry for our loss. I am sorry that you are joining us. I know how you feel about the stuff.
    DS Born 10/05/99 DSS Born 7/11/95 BFP 05/11/10 - Missed M/C, D&C 06/23/10 BFP 8/3/2010 - Ectopic, Methotrexate 8/17/10 BFP 1/27/11- Please God let this heart beat strong. Beta1 17dpo-314 Beta2 20dpo-883 Beta3 22dpo-1861 Beta4 25dpo-5918 DS2 Born 10/07/99 "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he shall be given over to the LORD." 1Sam1v24to28.
  • Thanks ladies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"