Stay at Home Moms

This may have been asked before?

But, how do you clean your kids' and/or baby's toys?

Re: This may have been asked before?

• Maybe I'm disgusting but unless the dog has had her mouth on it or it got dropped in the toilet or something, I don't clean them.  If something does happen to them, I clean then with a Lysol wipe usually.  If a stuffed animal needs attention, specifically the Elmo ds sleeps with every night, it goes in the washer.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageEveryNameIWantIsTaken:

Maybe I'm disgusting but unless the dog has had her mouth on it or it got dropped in the toilet or something, I don't clean them.  If something does happen to them, I clean then with a Lysol wipe usually.  If a stuffed animal needs attention, specifically the Elmo ds sleeps with every night, it goes in the washer.

Same here! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Plastic toys: we got a non-toxic cleaner at BRU.

Plush toys: they are how they are.

• I clean our toys if we have company coming over and after they leave. Otherwise unless DS is sick I only clean them once a month.

And the furry toys I don't do anything with but neither does DS.

His bath toys I put in a steam bag in the microwave only because I wanna make sure no mold is growing in them. And he only has these little sea animals that spray water as his bath toys.

TTC #3 since June 2011. Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imageEveryNameIWantIsTaken:

Maybe I'm disgusting but unless the dog has had her mouth on it or it got dropped in the toilet or something, I don't clean them.  If something does happen to them, I clean then with a Lysol wipe usually.  If a stuffed animal needs attention, specifically the Elmo ds sleeps with every night, it goes in the washer.

Me too. Not much unless she has been sick or it has touched something gross.  

• I have gotten lazy about this since summer hit but over the winter and most of spring, I wiped everything down with lysol wipes or cleaned in a small tub with bleach water in it once a week, which I will probably go back to come October.
    Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

• I keep a mixture of vinegar and water in a spray bottle and use a cloth to wipe down plastic toys.  I have washed a few stuffed animals and stuffed dolls in the washing machine and they turned out okay.  I am at a loss for how to clean stuffed animals with voice boxes.  I've tried spot cleaning with a damp cloth and it didn't do anything.
    DD: 04/09 TTC#2 since 10/09 Dx: PCOS w/IR M/c #1: 07/10 M/c #2: 09/10 M/c #3: 03/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"