Parenting after a Loss
Options

NBR: Bedrooms?

What do you or would you do to make your bedroom more luxurious?  I am trying to get some decor ideas to spruce up our bedroom so it feels more relaxing and romantic.  I know the romance starts with us, but I just want to hear your ideas.  TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR: Bedrooms?

• Options
    I think first it starts with the bedding. Nice bedding can make or break a bedroom IMO and seriously we need somenew stuff. :) We took photos from our wedding and honeymoon and had them printed as 8x10s in sepia and framed. It adds some sexy ramance to our room I think.
  • Options

I want new bedding, but our dog is int he habit of sleeping in our bed. When we move, I am not going to allow that.

Anyway, I love our wall scones. It is nice lighting. We have a picture from our first dance hanging up and one of those frames saying from hallmark. I love it.

We also have a tv, which is a major negative in the romance dept.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good ideas, ladies!  I like the sepia idea and sconces.
  • Options
    I just redid our bedroom. We have gorgeous cherry furniture but I hated the rest of the room! I started with knowing I wanted a cool gray color on the walls, almost with a hint of blue to it. Then I picked out new bedding (not $$ on overstock!) and art for the wall above the bed - b&w photographed flowers. I added textured but wispy white curtains - very soft. Then I went around my house and rearranged some accessories - all of the accessories in our bedroom are now glass and silver - silver frame and big glass textured vase on DH's chest, glass candlesticks (they hold 4 inch white candles) on mine along with a silver tray for jewelry. It's all very simple but feels so relaxing, cool, and calm.
    My Cooking Blog

Avery Corinne - Born 7/9/10 at 37w2d
  • Options
    Sounds beautiful!  We love our furniture (dark wood and leather) and bedding is a copper/brown.  I think I need to spruce up the details like you guys did.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"