Breastfeeding
Options

lurker with a bra question:)

I am planning on making my own nursing bras using these really cool clips that someone from the September board suggested.  At this point my boobs do not fit into my current bras very well and I probably should get new bras, but I was thinking I should wait until after I deliver and my milk comes in so that I can get a more accurate idea of size.  I mean how much bigger do you get?  Does it just sort of depend?  Also, is it true what they say about underwire plugging your milk ducts?  I have always worn underwire, but am wondering if I should switch to non underwire for bfing.  If it helps to give input, I am fairly large chested - about 40DDD+ at this point.  What are your thoughts/experiences?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: lurker with a bra question:)

• Options
    Do not wear underwire. you will get clogged ducts. definitely wait until your milk comes in. In my case, my ribcage shrunk back right away, I went from a 38 band back to a 34 band. With a J cup. *rolls eyes at self* just make sure whatever bra you get has enough fabric and support so that you don't miss that underwire assistance. I had to try on many and and still working to find ones that give me the right look AND the right feeling while feeding - its a delicate balance. I would get a nursing tank to wear in/home from the hospital until your milk comes in, then go get fitted at your bra store of choice (I'm in MA and love Lady Grace)
  • Options

I'm not sure if advice from my tiny ta-tas will help, but here goes.  I was a 34 full B, sometimes 34C, pre-pregnancy.  While pg, I went up to a 36C.  The nursing bras I wear everyday are 34C.  They only time my bra feels a little small is if I go 4+ hours during the day without feeding LO (I try to pump or nurse every 3 hrs.).

Oh, and I still wear underwire and have not had any problems.  I do think everyone is different though. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"