Blended Families

School supplies

Just curious...do you split the cost of school supplies with the other parent? Or do you count that as what CS goes towards?

Re: School supplies

• I buy them myself. Doucher sometimes sends her some when he gives her back at the end of summer visitation but his dumbass never bothers to look at the school list or even ask about the school list. So he ends up buying her a bunch of crap she's not even allowed to have, forget being old enough to use.

HA!

But anyway, I would consider school supplies like food. I don't expect a split on that.

Click me, click me!
  • bebe11bebe11 member
    I am not sure how my dh does it with his kids, but my exhusband and I do split the cost of school supplies, as well and new school clothes. It is not in our agreement, but it is just what we've done and I am very thankful he does help.

• Loading the player...
  • It's part of what CS provides for, IMO.

ExH doesn't even know what size clothes DS wears. I think I'd have a heart attack if he purchased school supplies. 

my read shelf:
    Erin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • No, that's what CS is for.

DD(14),SD(13),SS(11),SS(9),DS(3)

• I think CS should cover them. They aren't that expensive. Our CO says DH buys them but BM agreed to let us pay less because of this.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I believe it is included in the CS payment but we usually get the backpacks, lunch boxes, standard school supplies (pens/folders) and either jeans or shoes.
  • SWmamaSWmama member
    We decided last year to alternate buying school supplies every other year. Which is how I learned the hard way to shop early, lol. We don't really do it because of cost, DH just wanted to get to experience helping SS pick out his school supplies.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We consider it part of CS.  However, because SD loves to get school supplies, we usually ask BM if we can pick up a couple items on the list.
  • I think they should be covered by CS, but we always cover them and back to school clothes too.
  • We pay for them.  It should be covered by CS, but since we haven't gotten a penny in all the time he has lived with us I guess we'll just pay for supplies too. Since she doesn;t bother to call him, I can't imagine she will just to help out with school supplies.

Before he came to live with us, BM apparently did not consider it part of CS as we paid her weekly and were expected to buy school supplies and clothes every year.

• BM hasn't asked us to buy school supplies.  We usually try to keep a good amount of extra supplies at our house in case they need more throughout the year (they are 10 and 13 so they go through a lot)  We have tons of pencils, though I think we need to get mechanical ones for SD, and tons of paper and spirals.  It seems to work out because BM doesn't like to buy things during the year.

We buy clothes only for our house.  The clothes go back and 2 weeks later are ruined and we cannot afford so many clothes.  BM doesn't like to buy clothes except for right before school she buys a couple things (or her mom does really as does school supplies) so we do send some clothes home at times. 

• They should be part of CS.
    Proud Step Mom to Zachary 10-26-98
    Loving Wife to Billy 04-28-07
    Proud mom to Jeremy 08-15-08

• We split the cost of school supplies.
  • I buy them. Sometimes ex will buy an outfit or something, but it'.s usually something I wouldn't have ds wear anyway, so he brings it back on visits.
    Stay at Home Mama to 3 Beautiful Children by the miracles of Birth & Adoption
  • DH pays CS but we also buy school supplies separately.
  • As part of our "no CS" order, we pay for all school, daycare, and activity related expenses.

but I LOVE going school supply shopping so I would probably buy them all anyway :)

• It's part of CS.
  • Child support is meant to help support the child. I used the only 200$ I got this year (ha-ha! Remember ladies that he mailed me 200$ cash?) to cover school supplies & clothes. It is an expected expense, I wouldn't expect to recieve anything extra on top of what is the normal amount. (assuming I was actually recieving timely cs payments)
  • I have a hard enough time getting him to pay cs, so anything extra is on me.
  • We don't get a single dime from BM, never have! So school supplies, clothes and everything in between is on us. Use to it, so it's not even an issue anymore. This is also a mother than never calls to check in with her kids, or to see if she can visit with them. POS in my opinion! Huh?
  • We buy the school supplies for SD every year and BM is responsible for tuition. If we had to pay more for CS every month I would probably object, but BM has not asked for a raise in support in the 12 yrs that CO has been in place and needless to say it is a very small amount.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We usually take my SS to buy a new backpack and fill it with supplies.  I'm sure CS would cover this kind of thing, but it's fun to do and you can never have too many school supplies.  School supplies are always on sale so other than the backpack, we can fill it for about $50 and SS is 11.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"