Military Families
Options

Lemoore ladies?

We just got orders today for there. Anyone else there? Like it? Hate it?

Care to share about the little town??

Re: Lemoore ladies?

• Options

I saw your post I am from CA, I used to live about 2 hours away from there. My mom would make me drive to the commissary there and back. They did improve the commissary and base house by alot! In the past 15 years. Well basically there is NOTHING outside the base but cows and farmland... I think 30 min drive there is Visalia. Other big towns ummm, Fresno and Bakersfield kinda big town, about 4 hours north of Los Angeles and 3-4 hours south of San Francisco nice sightseeing there.

I see you are from/stationed in FL, well the summers in Lemoore are SUPER hot but not humid.

Hope this helps!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
    BFP #1 - 04/09/10 -- m/c - 07/02/10 @ 20weeks and 3 days. D&C 07/02/2010 - EDD 11/16/10
    BFP #2 12/17/10 please stick turtle. EDD 8/29/11 - Emergency C-Section 7-2-11. Andrew's journey
    Congratulations to my TTCAL buddy Carolee on her BFP! Stick, baby!
    Congratulations to elbandas09, cherylanddoug, tctibbe(MsPegees) and alliejoe for their take home babies!
  • Options

I am in Lemoore and been here for a little while.  I must say 'hate' it in the summer for sure. I do think every other season is nice. It will get cold in the winter...but no snow!  Right now it is going to stay hot at least until October. Fresno and Visalia are 30-40 minute drives away. Those two places are where you can do decent shopping and eating out.  Hanford is the closest little town, which has a usual Target, Walmart, Chili's type plaza's. It is a cute town, but not much to it.

And we are not too far from LA (3.5 hours), San Fran (2.5) hrs....so if you like to get away on the weekends there are plenty of places that you can see with a little drive. 

I think the base itself is nice. I like the housing. If you have any other questions, just let me know!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"