High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Lovenox Ladies (yes, mthfr related)

I am homozgyous a1298c.  Peyton & my dh are compound heterozygous for a1298c & C677t.  Peyton has a lot of neuro issues, and I had a placental abruption at 22 weeks.  I am moving out of state next week but the dr. today prescribed me 40mg of lovenox once daily. 

Part of me feels like i'm over reacting, but the other part says, it can't really cause harm.  This was a surprise pregnancy after requiring fertility drugs for Peyton & using condoms. 

Would you err (sp?) on the side of caution and use the lovenox?  I'm not sure what the new dr. is going to say.  The hematologist they sent me to doesn't even believe in MTHFR at all and said I only need 400 MICROGRAMS of folic acid a day.  Opposed to the other dr. saying 5,000 MG.

DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

Re: Lovenox Ladies (yes, mthfr related)

• Options
    rcbukorcbuko member

I would use it.  It can't hurt and can only help.

I am on Lovenox and am only heterozygous for the A1298C mutation.  I did not use Lovenox with my pregnancy with DD1 as my RE didn't treat MTHFR that way even a couple of years ago.  I did have more bleeding issues during that pregnancy so maybe the Lovenox has helped this time around.  Who knows.  After 3 miscarriages, I am willing to use almost anything especially something that can't hurt.   

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers mc #1 2/17/06 mc#2 8/3/06 mc #3 9/7/09
  • Options
    Why take the risk of something happening to you or the baby? This is a small dose. I was afraid to take it at first too. I wasn't really sure if I needed to take it, and then my doctor told me that he would hate to have to tell me I had to take it after having the pregnancy fail. I would take it if I were you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yes take it, and I would also recommend finding an MFM who can tell you how much folic acid/B vitamins you should be taking.  My MFM wants me on 3 mg in addition to the 1 mg already in the prenatal, and additional B6 and B12 vitamins to help the folic acid absorb.

Good luck! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"You reach deeper until you can find the strength.  That's all life is, one big fight after another."

Angel babies: 9/19/07, 10/08/09, 1/05/11

• Options

Thanks, i guess it's just confusing because there is no standard of treatment.  Plus the hematologist they sent me to didn't treat the a1298c at all.  I feel like it's better to be safe than sorry.  I'm seeing a new dr. next week because we are moving out of state & i'm hope he's able to answer all of my questions.  The high risk consult I had last month said I needed 5mg of folic acid, but didn't mention the additional b vitamins (which I was aware of) he also wouldn't check my homocystine levels and did not think I needed any type of blood thinners.  He thought P's issues were just a 'fluke'.

Thanks.

DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"