North Carolina Babies
Options

Newbie, Hi!

Hi ladies! I'm new here but have a feeling I'll be becoming a regular, yay!

Are there any stay-at-home mommies out there? I feel like I'm the only one. =0[

When did you go back to work? Do you wish you would've stayed home longer?

When did you stop nursing? 

Does anyone else hate the 'was your pregnancy planned' question?

It's 2:45 , so excuse my free verse and randomosity.

Be still and know... Wedding Countdown Ticker www.weddingwire.com/teamfaison

Re: Newbie, Hi!

• Options

Hi, and welcome! I'm not a SAHM, but there are several on the board.

I went back to work when my DD was about 10 mos old. I didn't necessarily plan to stay out that long, but I lost my job while pregnant and it took me that long afterwards to find another one!

I only nursed for about 8 weeks, but there are plenty of girls here who can provide all kinds of great advice on nursing.

Luckily, I never got that question, but that would be annoying!

How old is your LO?

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options

Welcome! I'm a fellow SAHM and it can be quite isolating if you don't have any other SAHM friends. I'd highly recommend finding a local MOPS group for some support. Mine has been great!

No plans to go back to work...ever. So thankful my DH is really supportive of this. :)

Stopped nursing at 13.5 months. My boobs will never be the same, but it was definitely worth it.

I'm PG with #2 and my grandmother just asked me if this was planned! REALLY?!?!?!

How old is your LO? Where are you located? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

HI and welcome to the board!!  I am not a SAHM--sometimes I wish I was, though.

I am pregnant with my second, and I've had that question asked several times--I hate it, too.  

You might try meetup.com or TriangleMommies.com to find some local SAHM groups.  I know TM has several groups based on where you live.

• Options

Hello and welcome!!

I stay at home with DS. I do work a PT job for about 15-20 hours a week and I love it!

I went back to my job when DS was about 12 weeks. It was a sufficient amount of time to adjust to having a baby, and he was being watched by my DH and MIL so that made it a better transition. But it's never easy to leave him!

I nursed until DS was 15 months, definitely let us know if you have any questions!

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Options

HI!  I'm a SAHM.  I can't believe I'm actually saying this but sometimes I do miss working.  I'm not sure when I'll go back.  Unless I can get something else from home it'll probably be several more years before I go back.  We live in the country and I don't want to commute 2 hours a day like DH does.

I nursed for 13.5 months.  I really didn't plan to nurse quite so long, but DD is allergic to cow's milk and I just kept nursing until I found a good alternative for her.

Nope I never got that question - with either pregnancy.  But I was 32 when I got pg with baby #1 and 35 with baby #2.  I did get a VERY negative response from one certain close family member when she found out we were pg with #2 though.  She wouldn't speak to me for 4 weeks because she was so mad.  She didn't want me to have but one baby.  I really don't understand people.  Crazy!

Oh, and definitely find a SAHM group to join.  I found 2 near me on the site meetup.com.  I don't do as much as I would like to, but because Savannah wakes up so early she takes a nap early and we end up missing all the mid-day meetups.

Baby J is here! Born on her mama's birthday.

11 pounds, 7 ounces and 23" long at birth!

My Bio

• Options

I will be a stay at home mom when baby comes along (10.5 weeks to go). I know family members who stayed home past elementary school. My sister in law just went back to work after 1 year with her daughter and said that it was just about the perfect amount of time.

I didn't get the question from strangers, but the night we told my MIL, she said 4 or 5 times "I thought you were going to wait." I really just wanted her to be excited instead of acting like this was a bad thing.

Congrats on your baby!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"