Cincinnati Babies

Totally petty vent of the day

MIL is here visiting and the following things are bugging me.

- She unloaded my dishwasher and put things away, but the dishwasher was full of dirty dishes.  So I have dirty dishes and silverware in my cupboards and drawers.  She didn't think we needed to get them back out and wash them!  Ew!  I guess I rinse them too well before I load.

- She doesn't know how to fold fitted sheets, so she folds the flat sheet and pillowcases and rolls them up inside the fitted one in a ball the size of a sleeping bag.  I have no place for a sleeping bag in my linen closet.

- She leaves the toilet unflushed unless it's #2.  I think she's trying to save water, but that is DISGUSTING.

I know she really means well -- honestly she does.  But I want to climb the walls!

Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
imageimage
imageimage
The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler

Re: Totally petty vent of the day

• Umm... ew to the dishes and not flushing.  Sounds like you're having a wonderful day!  :)
    Mr & Mrs - 10/15/05
    Elijah Matthew - 5/3/07 ~ Adalyn Rosemary - 3/23/11
    imageimage
    *Photos by Kacy Cierley*
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagesistrkate:

- She unloaded my dishwasher and put things away, but the dishwasher was full of dirty dishes.  So I have dirty dishes and silverware in my cupboards and drawers.  She didn't think we needed to get them back out and wash them!  Ew!  I guess I rinse them too well before I load.

- She leaves the toilet unflushed unless it's #2.  I think she's trying to save water, but that is DISGUSTING.

That is really freaking gross. Good luck with that.

Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Loading the player...
  • My ILs get here sometime this evening, so I'm totally giggle-snorting over all of this.  I almost peed my pants when I read your description of the sleeping bag sheets.  Stick out tongue
  • Eeeww

Annoying

And eeewww again. I know this is a popular thing to do but I find it pretty gross. There is no getting around the smell, even though it's only #1. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • AHHHH!!!!! No no no no no!!!! To all of it!
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Indifferent

Maybe I'm just a snot, but I don't find those petty at all

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • yuck, ugh, and ew!!

How long is she staying???

• kel716kel716 member

Um, that's disgusting.  Ick! And I'm glad I'm not the only person who finds it necessary to rinse dishes before they go in the dishwasher (I hate peeling stuck on dishwasher crud off of my dishes because they weren't rinsed when it would have been easy to get off)

And...

imageLyons_in_2007:
    My ILs get here sometime this evening, so I'm totally giggle-snorting over all of this.  I almost peed my pants when I read your description of the sleeping bag sheets.  Stick out tongue

Does this mean we are going to get to hear more stories this weekend?   I can't wait to hear about their antics this time.  That, plus fencegate, should make for a fun weekend!  (note bigtime sarcasm)

• imagesprads:

How long is she staying???

She got here on Wednesday, and she's here till NEXT Wednesday!!!!   Auuuggghhh!

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Ugh, Katie.... that is awful.

It's noon already so I think you're ready for a cocktail! :)

imageimage
    imageimage
  • imagekel716:

imageLyons_in_2007:
    My ILs get here sometime this evening, so I'm totally giggle-snorting over all of this.  I almost peed my pants when I read your description of the sleeping bag sheets.  Stick out tongue

Does this mean we are going to get to hear more stories this weekend?   I can't wait to hear about their antics this time.  That, plus fencegate, should make for a fun weekend!  (note bigtime sarcasm)

You know it!  If I manage to survive this weekend with ANY semblance of sanity, I will consider it a moral victory.  At least I can sick FIL on Mr. Hillbilly Fence if things get out of control at the trustee meeting, tonight. 

Someone pass me a drink...hell, maybe I'll just go to the bar...again.

• Eww! Makes me somewhat glad that my inlaws are local. While I may see them more than I care to, atleast they don't have to stay overnight at my house. I would lose my mind!

And can I just say that I also don't know how to properly fold a fitted sheet either? Although mine do not look like sleeping bags when I am done with them either:-) If anyone knows the proper way to fold a fitted sheet...feel free to share.

• 1. REALLY??  That is freaking gross.

2. I can't fold fitted sheets either (and I've even tried the Martha Stewart method), but I can at least get them in a smaller lump than a sleeping bag, LOL.

3.  Yuck, yuck, yuck.  I will pay the $2 extra per month or whatever it costs to flush my pee.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imagesistrkate:

I have no place for a sleeping bag in my linen closet.

Hehe, this made me giggle.  I am not particular about most things, but my laundry gets folded a particular way.  DH refuses to help me anymore :0)

ETA: I had to add this.  My ILs don't have a garbage disposal in their kitchen sink.  They refuse to get one because it "attracts rats".   Maybe they do....but guess who doesn't care?.....me!  I put everything down mine and haven't seen a rat yet. I refuse to dig soggy food out of the drain so it doesn't get glogged Ick! LOVE. MY.GARBAGE.DISPOSAL.  That's all 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • All 3 things you mentioned would drive me absolutely insane.  I am a neat freak and I like things done my way.  It drives me crazy enough if my DH doesn't flush.   And really, she thinks you don't need to get the dishes back out of the cabinet??? 

I hope her visit is short and at least tolerable.  I'll be thinking of you! 

• imageMrs.Cooley2bee:
    imagesistrkate:

Hehe, this made me giggle.  I am not particular about most things, but my laundry gets folded a particular way.  DH refuses to help me anymore :0)

ETA: I had to add this.  My ILs don't have a garbage disposal in their kitchen sink.  They refuse to get one because it "attracts rats".   Maybe they do....but guess who doesn't care?.....me!  I put everything down mine and haven't seen a rat yet. I refuse to dig soggy food out of the drain so it doesn't get glogged Ick! LOVE. MY.GARBAGE.DISPOSAL.  That's all 

WHAT?!?  No garbage disposal?!  People are so strange!  Ours broke last summer (I put potato peels down there and it choked and died), and I was seriously ready to leave home till DH put in a new one.

imageimage
    imageimage
  • You'd think she'd at least flush the toilet in someone else's house!

I would still think there'd be crumbs or something on the door of the dishwasher to indicate that the dishes are dirty.  I'd have to go and put EVERYTHING back in and run several cycles.  Yuck.

For the record, I also don't know how to fold fitted sheets, but I pretend that I do and don't roll them into a ball.  Can you teach me how to fold them?

Brady 7/29/2009 Avery 4/1/2011
  • imagesistrkate:
    imageMrs.Cooley2bee:
    imagesistrkate:

WHAT?!?  No garbage disposal?!  People are so strange!  Ours broke last summer (I put potato peels down there and it choked and died), and I was seriously ready to leave home till DH put in a new one.

Ahhh, I have choked mine quite a few times with potato peels - they are the devil.  NowI  put them down a few at a time and run lots of water.  I like how it still hasn't detered me from putting them in there......like I said, no digging nasty food out of the sink for me!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • All of those things would bug me too!  Especially the dishes and pee.
    Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

• EWW!! Where did she pick THAT habit of not flushing?! It makes me think of public restrooms that stink of urine! Ick! I can't believe about the dishes! So gross! I am so sorry you are having to go through this! Hang in there! I know how you feel. I haven't lived with my mom for 7 yrs and now she is visiting and I realize how differently I do things in my kitchen than her! She is making several items but is reusing the pot/pan by just rinsing it with water! I never do that! I never want one item to be influenced by another items flavor! I love my mom but I have to put up with this till the 5th!

• I don't know how you do it.  I would have gone (even more) insane by now.  I suggest you find one of the dirtier dishes and serve her dinner on it tonight with dirty silverware.  I mean, since she doesn't mind that the dishes are still dirty and all.
    imageimage
    Photos courtesy of Jen Rose Photography
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageMegs&Nick:
    I don't know how you do it.  I would have gone (even more) insane by now.  I suggest you find one of the dirtier dishes and serve her dinner on it tonight with dirty silverware.  I mean, since she doesn't mind that the dishes are still dirty and all.

HAHA! This is an awesome suggestion! Yes

• imagejerseygirl81:
    imagesistrkate:

That is really freaking gross. Good luck with that.

Agreed. Barf. That is so disgusting. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"