Hawaii Babies
Options

Well, it happened...

I don't know what to do.  I'm so happy, but freaking out all at the same time.  I haven't gone to the doctor yet, but I'm going to be calling today to see when I need to come in to "confirm".

I'm just freaking out right now and I have way more nerves than I do excitement at the moment, only because I'm just so scared. 

As usual, please don't say anything on FB as no one knows but the hubby right now.  Is it ok if I join you ladies??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
| Olowalu, Maui ~ August 6, 2008 |
| Family of 4 ~ April 2, 2011 |
| Family of 5 - October 24, 2012 |

Re: Well, it happened...

• Options
    congrats
  • Options
    Congrats!  Big Smile
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    YAY! I am so, so happy for you!  About the freaking out, it's completely 110% normal.  We found out Christmas eve and flew to Hawaii the next morning, I was so scared... BUT... take it all in, you'll only have this day once (well, for now, until you have another).  It's something special knowing that you and YH know this news and nobody else does :)  Enjoy it and don't be scared (although it's easier said than done, I know), you've created a little miracle, I'm so thrilled for you. *hugs*
    I love Hawaii!

Tara & Ian . 4/24/2008 . The Kahala Planning . Married

• Options

oh yay!! congratulations!! 

I hear you on the nerves part...we were charting when I got the BFP, I kept taking my temp for weeks just to make sure my temps were still elevated!  (which does work for awhile, but then DH told the Dr. I was doing that & she said that while it works in the very beginning of pg, it won't work throughout!)  At least for awhile it gave me some peace of mind & then I got lots of morning sickness, so I knew all was okay! (well relatively speaking)  Stick out tongue

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    congrats!!! it's normal to be partly excited and partly scared :) and don't be surprised if your ob doesn't want you to come in until you're 8-11 weeks, it's par for the course!
  • Options

BTDT!  I KNOW that feeling all too well!  That's exactly how I felt.  I was so surprised when the doctor didn't even want to see me until 7 weeks - I was like, aren't there things I need to know NOW??  lol  It will get better.  Pick up the Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy and check out babycenter.com to get weekly updates and other information.  It will help you out.

We all understand - welcome to the board :)  And congrats!

• Options

Thank you ladies!

Yes, I felt like a huge lump was in my throat..even though we have been trying.  This was my first cycle using the ovulation strips though.  I just called my doctor and I can't go in until August 17th so now I'm just waiting.

It's so crazy and it just feels weird knowing that I could be growing a human being!!!!!  So scary!!! 

| Olowalu, Maui ~ August 6, 2008 |
    | Family of 4 ~ April 2, 2011 |
    | Family of 5 - October 24, 2012 |
  • Options
    inamrainamra member
    OMG! That's great news!! Congratulations =)
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Options
    Yippee!!! Congrats!!!
  • Options
    congratulations!! Big Smile  it can definitely be scary - but that's totally normal!  hope you have a H&H 9 months, and i'm so glad you'll be joining us here! Big Smile 
  • Options

Yay Lindsay!  Congrats and welcome to The Bump!

What to do?  Nothing really.  Make a confirmation appt...usually around 7-8 weeks after your last period.  And start on prenatals, if you haven't already...no alcohol, smoking, etc.  And just take good care of yourself!  Enjoy this happy time!

• Options
    yay, congrats!!
  • Options

Congratulations! & Welcome, glad to have you join us!!!!

I understand all the nerves, I had the same feelings!

• Options
    Congratulations! Totally normal to feel scared, so don't stress! Party!!!
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome to the club! Haha.
    Malia & Dave & Alexa
    Happily married since 2-17-08! Three since 9-9-09!
    Baby Blog
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Great news!  Congratulations. Your feelings are  normal:-)
  • Options
    hooray!! welcome to the club and enjoy the ride :-). take care mama and your little one :-).
  • Options
    Exciting!!! Congratulations to you and your hubby :)
  • Options
    MrsZizMrsZiz member
    Congrats!! H & H 9 months to you!
  • Options
    Congrats, Lindsay!  The 1st tri can definitely be scary, but try to enjoy this time and live in the moment.  Smile
  • Options
    Congrats! Welcome aboard!
  • Options
    Yippeee! Such wonderful news!!!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"