Working Moms
Options

Friday Confession

This morning I let my son eat a piece of cake after breakfast in exchange for him getting dressed and ready for day care so I would not be late for work!

Any one else have a Friday confession?

Re: Friday Confession

• Options

Yeah its more like Wednesday and Thursday, I let DS eat the snack mix they made at daycare for dinner.

DS was not feeling well, I thought maybe that will cheer him up.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    FloF9FloF9 member
    I was running extra late to work.  My parents watch my baby so I called my boss and told her they were at the lab doing blood work this morning and we running behind schedule.  That I was waiting for them to come back home and was in their driveway.  My poor folks!!!! Sad
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been known to wear a dress to work because DD is wearing a dress to school and wants us to look "the same."  It's a terrible habit to set, but if it means she isn't fighting me about getting dressed and we all get to work/school on time, it works for me! :)
  • Options
    meo34meo34 member

imageBella427:
    I've been known to wear a dress to work because DD is wearing a dress to school and wants us to look "the same."  :)

Ha ha!   Too funny.  I often where the appropriate coloured blouse as well when it is a colour day.  The worst one was "odd shoe day" and so I was convinced to to participate and wore odd shoes to day care and carried the matching shoe in my purse to put on after I dropped him off.  I agree, sometimes its whatever it takes...even my husband does not know about the odd shoe incident.

• Options
    My house is so dirty... It is completely UN-acceptable! I want to hire my housekeeper back now that I am working but I feel like I need to clean it really good before I will let her see it again. Sound crazy?
    Proud Mommy to DS (March 2007) and DD (May 2002)
    Baby No. 3 BFP 1/16/2013!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The last 2 nights, I have let LO sleep in her swing, because it is the only way she will sleep for longer than a few hours....she's teething and the constant motion is comforting.  I wish I could figure out something else, I don't want to have to break her of a bad habit that I started.  But..I figure she needs to sleep more than anything...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DS spit up on my shirt and skirt this morning and I didn't change because I wanted time to go to the gas station and get a Dr. Pepper and fas on my way to work. So I sit here and smell the sweet smell of spit up on my shoulder and don't care.
  • Options

DS has this thing about flushing toilets. It's getting much better, though.  Every morning I go to his room to wake him up. I sing a song and then ask him if he wants to flush a toilet.  Whatever it takes to get him out of bed without a fight.

Oh and my house is disgusting.  I let my cleaners go because they were doing a bad job and now my house is gross. 

• Options
    I am more concerned with what my nanny thinks of the state of our house than I am about what my husband thinks.  I will clean the kitchen every night and make sure everything is put away before she arrives in the morning (dishes, toys, clothes, etc).  On the weekends it all goes to he!! and I scramble around Sunday night trying to restore order again!

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• Options

This week DH has fallen asleep before I get in bed.  This made me super happy b/c the last thing I have been wanting is s-e-x**.  Oh I feel bad for him.  And me.

** due my c-sect scar suddenly hurting a ton, WTF.  Added bonus had to buy a new pump and it is not agreeing with my nips - ouch all. the. time.  Yes TMI, sorry.  But between the two things, sexy is not in my dictionary.

• Options
    These are cracking me up, especially the flushing the toilet and the 2 different shoes ones!  It's amazing what we'll do to keep the peace with unreasonable toddlers.  And another confession, my car reeks.  I need to clean it out this weekend or just pay someone to detail it.  I wonder what DD must have dropped in the backseat somewhere. Gross, huh?! 
  • Options
    We have a bag of chocolate raisins sitting on top of the potty in the bathrooms  - to bribe the kids to use it.  The 3-day thing didn't work. Boo.
  • Options

imageluvmagoldn:
    I am more concerned with what my nanny thinks of the state of our house than I am about what my husband thinks.  I will clean the kitchen every night and make sure everything is put away before she arrives in the morning (dishes, toys, clothes, etc).  On the weekends it all goes to he!! and I scramble around Sunday night trying to restore order again!

I do this SAME thing. Its totally rediculous but I can't help it. I also want to say that this entire thread is hilarious.

• Options
    I hate little kid birthday parties and I have one tonight I have to take my sons too. I've had a long exhausting week at work and sitting around with a bunch of strangers and screaming kids is not how I want to spend my Friday night. I should be social, nice and want to make friends with these other moms but I honestly just want to go home, strip off these annoying maternity clothes and lounge on the couch in my pjs all night watching a sappy chic flick that will make me cry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"