Baby Showers
Options

What gift do I give those throwing my shower?

My sister informed me that when she and a few others threw her best friend's baby shower they all got a "thank you" gift from the mom-to-be. Kind of like giving bridesmaids gifts. Any ideas on what to get for mine? It can't be too expensive because I have one in California that my 2 sisters and mom are throwing and one here in Arizona that my husband's 2 cousins are throwing.

Re: What gift do I give those throwing my shower?

• Options
    My favorite was when I got a Starbucks gift card as a thank you. You can get them in any amount too if you are within a budget because of how many you have to give.
  • Options
    Spa and restaurant gift cards are also popular hostess gifts, especially considering that you will have to travel to the shower. A nice bottle of wine would be a nice gift for the hostess of the shower in your area. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I gave my hosts each a gift bag with lotions, body wash, and body spray (from Bath & Body works), a Yankee candle, and a hand-written thank you note. I couldn't afford to do much either, but I wanted to do something to show my appreciation. I probably spent about $20-$25 on each host.
  • Options

Yes, it's called a "hostess gift" and its a small token of appreciation (not a huge gift) for the hostess that are planning your shower.  

Some ideas:  Personalized notecards, starbucks gift certificates, bath products, gift certificates for mani/pedicures, potted plants, etc.   

• Options

I have thrown a few showers and I mostly have received some lotions and bath products. To be honest I havent really used any of them though. 

I had four hostesses for my bridal shower and I gave them all one hour massages with a fun note saying that after all the work they had done deserved a massage. They all loved it!  

• Options
    i had 6 hostesses for 2 separate showers! i got each of them fuzzy slippers, movie tix, and pretty smelling hand soap. and one of them i got a restaurant gift card cuz she put ALOT of work and $ into planning it.
  • Options
    I was just coming on this board to ask this question!  I'm having 3 showers; one from my family in Indiana, one from DH's family in Iowa, and one from my friends in OKC.  All in all, it's 7 gifts.  And they're all so different.  Each of them isn't getting the same thing, that's for darn sure!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm new to this board, but thought I'd throw in this suggestion. The best idea I ever heard (and probably what I'll be doing for my shower hostesses) is to get pretty umbrellas and tie a pretty tag around it saying, "I hope your next shower is as lovely as this one! Thank you for all your hard work!" In Cali and Arizona it might not be a very practical gift, but here in NC it would get a lot of use. HTH!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I was having trouble with this same thing. I wanted to get something practical that the hostess would also enjoy. She likes coffee, chocolate & wine, so that's what I'm getting her!

So I'm buying the hostess a $10 coffee card to Caribou, a good bottle of red wine, and a great organic chocolate bar.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"