Health & Exercise
Options

Omega 3/Fish oil

The Body Attack instructor recommended taking Omega 3/fish oil for my achy knees.  All that bouncing and hopping hurt them.  It feels like daggers under my knee cap.

I can do the elliptical no problem.  I have been running 4 miles rather than doing the Body Attack class.  It's weird because running does now hurt my knees WHILE i run, but when I stop, they are so stiff!

So, do you think her recomendation will help my knee/joint pain?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Omega 3/Fish oil

• Options
    I think taking an omega 3 supplement will definitely help. The fish oil helps to reduce pain and inflammation and regardless of joint pain, they are an essential supplement we should probably all be taking for general health reasons. I really do think you'll see a difference with you knees though. If not, there are specific joint vitamins (I know most of them are a liquid that you drink) that really help. I used to use one but I can't remember the name... If I find it I'll let you know! Good luck! Big Smile
  • Options

imageecofriendlyemily:
    I think taking an omega 3 supplement will definitely help. The fish oil helps to reduce pain and inflammation and regardless of joint pain, they are an essential supplement we should probably all be taking for general health reasons. I really do think you'll see a difference with you knees though. If not, there are specific joint vitamins (I know most of them are a liquid that you drink) that really help. I used to use one but I can't remember the name... If I find it I'll let you know! Good luck! Big Smile

Thank you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"