Two Under 2
Options

Being pregnant with a 13mo is becoming harder

I don't know how I'm gonna last these next 6 weeks. DD is so demanding and I know she is starting to get frustrated because there is only so much I can do. She is really startimg to act out, she hitting pulling my hair, biting me. Putting her in her crib is becoming a chore because my belly has dropped and it hurts to press up against the rail. So she always wakes up and I have to start all over again. DH helps as much as he can but he gets frustrated so fast. I try talking to him and explain to him that she is frustrated and needs someone to work more with her. I wish I could take her to the park or playgroups. Something! Does anyone have any advice?

Re: Being pregnant with a 13mo is becoming harder

• Options
    I feel for you. Will is 10 months and I'm 28 weeks along. They will be 12 1/2 months apart. It's so tyring and this pregnancy has been a difficult one. I've just started getting back into excericise (LIGHT weight training in little bits duirng the day and then a prenatal yoga dvd once Will goes to bed at 7-730) and let me tell you, I sleep better and my back aches less.
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat with my two.  I just try to do as much with them as possible.  Do you have anyone close by that can take her to the park? I try to get them out every day even for a little while.  We have an outside mall 5 minutes from our house.  And I drive there and put them in the stroller and we will walk up and down.  They love the fresh air and being in the stroller.  I get on the floor with them as much as possible, although it is really uncomfortable.  MH is usually not home before they go to bed so it does make it difficult.  And he also gets frustrated easily.  They've also learned to occupy themselves for short periods of time.  
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Last week I hurt my back picking up DD, but beofre that we went on a walk every morning and I miss our walks. DH parents are the ones that watch her for me when we need a break from each other but they have been gone on vacation and will be back on Sunday ( thank god! ) They will only be home for a week them DH and them will be OOT working. I don't know what I'm gonna do then. I never thought this would be so hard.
  • Options
    Y'all are scarin' me.
    My best friend, my husband, my everything
    Matthew Kevin
    7/31/83-7/20/11 image
    Met 1/8/00
    Engaged 4/21/06
    Married 9/29/07
    Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
    Day Three
  • Options
    Ditto, ditto and ditto!  I have been on modified bedrest for 3 wks and that has been challenging.  Plus wicked BH and backache.  Add a 13 1/2 month old getting 1 year molars.  Sorry, I have no advice, just know you are not alone!
    Our miracle IVF baby - D 6/09 & J - Surprise! born 9/10!!!
  • Options
    trinnytrinny member

I totally hear you on putting her in the crib-- it is tough!  2 things I wanted to mention:

1.  The hitting, pulling hair, etc is a developmental thing that is totally normal for her age.  I don't really think she's acting out because of your pregnancy, so don't blame yourself.  DD and her "friends" at daycare all went through it right around 12-14m.  Their teacher started showing them "High-5's" and it got much better.  We also say NO and say we don't hit, be nice, and she'll usually pet our heads or something after that. 

2.  In terms of getting her in the crib for naptime, could you maybe try a mat on the floor?  DD naps on a mat at daycare and we have one we take to grandma's that she really likes.  I think it is also good if your DH can learn to put her to sleep-- you'll probably need him to do stuff like that when #2 is here. 

• Options

imageAutumnBride929:
    Y'all are scarin' me.

word

• Options
    Can you swim at all?  I am 29 weeks and have a 10-month-old, and I've been trying to do laps a few times a week.  I feel SO much better after I've done my laps.  Things don't hurt as much and I have a bit more energy.
    Traveling the world with my girls - born 12 months and 18 days apart.
    <a href="http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/putalittlepolkainyourdot/?action=view
  • Options
    We have a pool and I was swimming but DD doesn't like the pool. She is such a girl and climbs up my body to get out of the water! LOL. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"