Pregnant after IF
Options

lovenox questions

I want to ask my Peri these questions but won't see her for a few more weeks.

If you are on it;

how much do you take per day?

what are you taking it for?

Is it more as a precaution or do you have proven issues(like you've had a clot before) ?

My belly is getting pretty sore, where else can I inject?

My answers are: I take 40 mg 2x per day (I'm wondering if I could do 60 1x per day to lessen the shots needed).  I have Factor V and MTHFR but only one mutation of each.  Its a precaution, i've never had a blood clot. 

thanks for your help, I'm just curious.

Re: lovenox questions

• Options
    smeyersmeyer member

I was on a theraputic dose - 50 mg 2xs/day

I'm homozygous for FVL and hetero for MTHFR

No, I haven't had a clot but am at a very high risk for one.

You can inject into just about any sub-q fatty tissue.  Per my dr, you can use the backs of your arms, your thighs (inner or outer - depends on where you hold more fat), even your hips/butt/love handles. 

• Options

I was on 60 mg lovenox once/day during my FET until I got PE's.  They doubled my PIO dose and we didn't adjust the lovenox so that's why they think I got the PE's at 5 weeks.  I was then switched to arixtra for blood thinner and taken off PIO completly and put on Crinone.  I also have a history of DVT when I was on BCP's 4 years ago. 

I am on arixtra for the proven issues.  The plan was and still is to have me on blood thinners the entire pregnancy plus 2 months after delivery.   

I am heterozygous MTHFR. 

You can inject in the love handles or upper thigh-pretty much where you can pinch some fat. 

Hope your belly feels better soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was on 30ml 1x per day when my OHSS was at it's worst for about 2 weeks. I kept getting so dehydrated they were afraid I would throw a clot. I was sooooo glad when they let me stop those. They hurt so much!! I'm so sorry for those of you who are still on it. :(
    TTC with severe MFI since 9/08 IVF w/ ICSI #1 May/June 2010= BFP twins
    Callan George and Bennett Charles born and died 11/7/10
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    FET #1 April 2011= BFN
    FET #2 July 2011= no transfer because my lining sucked
    FET #3 February 2012= BFP! 1st beta 9dp5dt=314 2nd beta 11dp5dt=977 1st U/S 3/20 Twins- Heart rates of 111 and 138 Pregnancy Ticker
    Living After Losing
  • Options
    I was just upped to 90 ml/2x day. The only know clotting disorder is heterozygous compound MTHFR. However, I was hospitalized with blood clots in my lungs when I was 6 weeks pregnant. I had no treatment aside from extra colic acid before that.

60 ml/1x day is not the same as 40 ml/2x day. Lovenox has a 12 hour lifespan so it's gone from your body after 12 hours.

DX: Him: Super sperm Me: Diminished pituitary function due to tumor removed April 2008, MTHFR Hetero C677T & A1298C
    IVF #1-4=BFN IVF #5=BFP! U/S on 5/3 revealed TWINS!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options

I was on 30mg once a day, starting w/ my IVF meds, and continuuing up until 28wks pg.  Then I was upped to 60mg a day.  I was on it for RPL and APA's - although my APA was very mild, and not one of the major ones.  We did it more as a precaution. 

Once my belly got big, I started injecting on my sides....but it was hard sincce the skin gets tight and is tough to pinch up.  I asked about moving sites, and the nurse said the only other place I could do it was my inner thigh and it would hurt more. 

Now that I'm approaching my due date, they switched me to Heparin.  The PP's comment about it leaving your system in 12 hours is not what I've been told.  When I had my cerclage surgery, I was told I had to be off of it for 48 hrs.  My peri also recently told me the same thing - If I had gone into labor while I was still on it, I could not have an epidural ( would have to be put under) for delivery.  That's why they switched me to heparin, since it takes only 4 hrs to leave your system. 

TTC #1 since 6/07, Dx = Ovulatory dysfunction, DOR, and autoimmune issues ~ 4 Clomid cycles, 1 Femara Cycle, 6 Injectible IUI cycles~ 4 Chemical PG's ~ IVF #1 Dec '09 = BFP!! Beta 8dp3dt = 68 10dp3dt = 276 16dp3dt = 1511 ~ First U/S 1/14 = 3 Heartbeats!!! Lost Baby C at 8w5d Emergency Cerclage at 22wks saved our babies lives Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"