Parenting after 35

I've decided my boy's a genius

So not only can he say Mama, Dada and DieDie, but he knows some anatomy as well.

There was a post on 12-24 asking when LOs can point to various body parts and it seemed that most kids were around 15+ months when they started to point to the appropriate body part.

Well, upon reading that post I asked my Mikey where his nose was and he bashed his nose. I then asked where his ears were and he bashed his ears! 

He didn't respond when I asked about his tummy, toes etc, but still! I'm so proud!!!

He's a genius, I tell you! A genius!!!

Re: I've decided my boy's a genius

• GENIUS!  :)

Is his nose okay from the bashing?   

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • M.AmyM.Amy member

Smart boy! Must have inherited that from his mom!

Matty can only point to his ear. We have been working on nose for a while but he doesn't seem to care.

• Loading the player...
  • Love the visual!
  • Yay Mikey!

DD1 is 3, DD2 is 1.
  • Yes
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Maybe he can tell you where your tummy & toes are. Sienna has been able to point to our eyes, nose, ears, head, cheeks, hands toes for a few months already. But if you asked her where hers were she didn't point to them. I guess it was hard because she wasn't looking at them. But she actually got it about a month ago. It funny sometimes she almost pokes herself in the eye. Try adding a new body part every few days.
  • steverstever member

imagefiazo:
    Maybe he can tell you where your tummy & toes are. Sienna has been able to point to our eyes, nose, ears, head, cheeks, hands toes for a few months already. But if you asked her where hers were she didn't point to them. I guess it was hard because she wasn't looking at them. But she actually got it about a month ago. It funny sometimes she almost pokes herself in the eye. Try adding a new body part every few days.

We've been working on his ears, nose, feet, toes, hands and cheeks(of course), for a while now and I always point to mine and say, "Mama's ____" after pointing to his. He's much more dept at pointing to my stuff, but the bashing/slapping is a start with knowing where his stuff is.

• Of course he is a genius.  Why would you ever doubt it?
  • They really are little sponges. Every day you/we will see something new.
  • Of course he's a genius - look at his Mama! Big Smile
    Robby's Blog

Momma Bear
    Big - 1 year old
    Bigger - 6 years old
    Biggest - 13 years old

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"