North Carolina Babies
Options

This might be the cutest thing I've ever seen.

I am planning to undertake making an advent calendar out of felt. This one from Pottery Barn is my inspiration. I also want to start making Holly some felt food--have you seen the awesome stuff on Etsy?

While I was surfing blogs, looking for ideas, I came across this. (You have to scroll down some to see it) I just about died. How adorable is it? I'm not sure I'd ever have that much patience, but man, how cool would that be for a toddler?! It's basically a slipcover for her kitchen table. I've since seen other ones made to fit over a card table.

Just thought I'd share, in case anyone was feelin' crafty! :-) I'll settle down now. hehe.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

Re: This might be the cutest thing I've ever seen.

• Options

I bought about a zillion yards of felt on sale at Joann's the day after Thanksgiving with the intent of making felt food for J's kitchen & one of those card table playhouses. It all still sits in my craft area uncut!

I really need some motivation...J opened his kitchen today and only has 2 pieces of food!  

• Options
    Ok, I am SO glad that is not for sale, b/c it is the cutest thing ever and I'm sure it would be mega expensive. MAN I wish I was crafty enough to do something like that! SO CUTE!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I saw that the other day (on Back's blog in fact!), it is way too cute! I can't imagine how much time was put into that!
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Options

imagebecki777:
    I saw that the other day (on Back's blog in fact!), it is way too cute! I can't imagine how much time was put into that!

Oh my poor neglected blog!

Random thought...as I peruse craft blogs, I think to myself "How do these ladies have time????" Am I alone in this thinking? Maybe I need to stop being so lazy... 

• Options

imagejenhum:
    Ok, I am SO glad that is not for sale, b/c it is the cutest thing ever and I'm sure it would be mega expensive. MAN I wish I was crafty enough to do something like that! SO CUTE!

They usually are for sale on Etsy (from a variety of sellers), but they are pricey! https://www.etsy.com/search_results.php?search_query=felt+playhouse&search_type=handmade 

• Options
    imageBackthePack:

imagebecki777:

Random thought...as I peruse craft blogs, I think to myself "How do these ladies have time????" Am I alone in this thinking? Maybe I need to stop being so lazy... 

Ha ha!  I was telling DH last night that I feel like I have no time to be creative anymore.  His response - you could do things while you're watching TV!  I definitely feel very lazy after the babe is in bed and dishes are done! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageBackthePack:

imagebecki777:

You could use your time that you spend on the Bump. :) I guess there really IS time to do that type of craft, but I'm just plain wore out to use my down time like that. I like to be lazy sometimes!

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Options
    imageBackthePack:

I feel the same way! By the time I get home from work, and spend a couple of hours with Holly, I pretty much want to just veg out! Weekends, I usually have too much other stuff going on.

There is so much cute stuff I'd love to make, but I just don't have the time. I agree that I could use the time I spend on the Bump, and other random web surfing after Holly goes to bed, pursuing this hobby! That's my plan. Many of the felt food items are handsewn, so I want to plan to work on them while I'm watching TV with DH in the evenings, or during lunch at work.

We'll see how that works out!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options
    imageBackthePack:

imagebecki777:

I have often thought of this!  Seriously how do they have time?!  After a year and a half, I finally broke out my sewing machine and made myself a top this past Saturday.  I've wanted to make another one but just couldn't squeeze it in.  And, I don't watch tv at night!  I never thought I would say I wish there were more than 24 hours in a day but I think I do! 

Back to the cute crafts.  I'm in love with the felt house!  How incredibly adorable!  

Hughes, it's a good thing we don't live beside each other b/c we could get into major trouble doing crafts!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"