Working Moms

It is lunch-time. Where did my make-up go?

There must be some female secret I don't know about because my make-up is always gone by noon.

What is up with that?

Re: It is lunch-time. Where did my make-up go?

• Mine too! I think we need to a) use primer (not sure) and b) use better make up (my tinted Neutrogena is likely not strong enough coverage along with my weak Ulta brand eyeliner) but I'm lucky I can make it out the door with makeup on at all every morning!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I don't know, but if you do find the secret PLEASE SHARE! It's kind of annoying to look nice when I leave the house and then go to lunch and discover I look like I just woke up (no make up left on and hair a disaster!)
  • Loading the player...
  • My super oily skin eats my makeup. At least I look good for a few hours in the morning.
  • This am I washed and put on moisturizer. Then I used Maybelline mineral power liquid foundation and a lighter Almay concealer under my eyes.  Almay bright eyes shadow in gold and bronze.  Maybelline mascara. Revlon creme lipstick in "black cherry". A little Almay pressed powder.

I hear primers make you break out. Is that true.

Seriously gals, I need assistance.

• I use Benefit's "Erase Paste" as under eye concealer and it's still gone by 2pm.  It's $26/pot, but the pot lasts for seriously at least a year...but even top of the line product like that fades.  :(  I don't even wear eyeliner or mascara on my lower lash line so as not to have darkness under eyes and still I look like a zombie by 2!  Crying
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I usually carry the basics with me in my purse and re-apply as necessary sometime in the afternoon. I carry concealer, pressed powder, and lip gloss. I probably have eye shadow and blush in my gym bag, but don't use those as often. A quick fix for adding color in lieu of blush is a quick pinch to the cheeks. Same goes for lips, just press together to get some color up.
  • Reapplying is not possible here, but my friend just recommended this to me.... https://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?src_page=product_list.aspx&level1_id=300&level2_id=301&pdept_id=314&dept_id=0&pf_id=34410

She says it makes her foundation stay on like Magic, but I'd still need something for my eyes..... I ordered that stuff, I'll have to let you know how it works!!!

• I have the same problem.  I always assumed it was because I didn't pony up the cash for better products.  But this thread makes me think even the more expensive stuff fades?  Boo.
  • The purpose of the foundation primer is to create a smooth palate to apply the makeup. This helps make the makeup look smoother and is great as you get older and get wrinkles.  You really need to use a loose powder to set the foundation. this helps too if you sweat and helps from the makeup smudging off.

For eye makeup, you really need to use a liquid base or what is the equivilent of a primer for the eye lid. Laura Mercier makes one, MAC makes one. It is a creamer that you put all over the lid and then you put your powder on top. If I didn't use this, my eye shadow would be off by noon because of the oils on the eye lid.

Also, try layering up your makeup (aka put more on in the a.m.) .

• Hmmmm, I've tried a powder because I'm sooooooo fair (the fake look scares me!), but maybe I will hit up the store this weekend.  I wonder about that creamer for the eyes..... off to Google I go! Thanks for the tip Carrie!!

• 2-Step2-Step member
    I second the pp'ers advice about the eye primer stuff from MAC. I also invested in some key items from higher end makeup lines. I have a pot of liquid eye liner from Bobby Brown and foundation from Laura Mercier. Other than that I just use the regular brands, but I think a few key items make a difference.
  • I saw this post and have to share a recent discovery. 

I bought this primer reluctantly, and it's like one of the best purchases I've made. If you wear eyeshadow and want it to last all day, this is it. Literally,  I use this primer in the morning, and my eyeshadow looks the same at 7 pm.

https://www.vitacost.com/Bare-Escentuals-Prime-Time-Eyelid-Primer-1-5-mL?csrc=GPF-098132036202

i've started using bareescentual make up (foundation, blush, eyeshadow) and i'm really pleased with the results. It is pricier, but lasts a long time. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"