Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Bleeding after Late Loss? - Possibly TMI

For others who have had a late loss, how long did the bleeding last? It's been about 3 weeks since we lost our beautiful daughter (at 20 weeks). Other than the first couple days, I only had light bleeding and it had almost stopped. Then yesterday and today, I started bleeding more, more like a heavy period. I'm not sure if this normal or something I should call my doctor about...
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
BFP 1: 3/19/10 Loss: 7/9/10
BFP 2: 12/28/10
My Blog: Losing Sylvia

Re: Bleeding after Late Loss? - Possibly TMI

• When I lost the twins at 23 weeks. I bled for 5 weeks. It was light than heavy than light again.

• I bled for 3 and 1/2 weeks. It was always changing depending on how much I did that day and if I over worked myself I found it to be heavier. When It finally came to an end it was brown spotting for a few days then just a BUNCH of cervical fluid. My Dr told me at my follow up that I could expect to beed for about 3-4 weeks total, but if you are concerned it can't hurt to place a call.
    6/28/10: Lost our sweet baby Addyston at 18wk 1day to pPROM 7/24/11: Michael William born at 24wk 2d due to IC after an emergent cerclage at 18wks, 4wk home BR and 2 weeks hospital BR. Grow strong our little Miracle! 9/17/11: Michael joined his sister in heaven after 8 amazing weeks with us on earth. He fought a very hard fight but NEC was too much for him in the end. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Have you increased your activity level?  That could increase the bleeding.
    My Blog
    We love and miss you Jillian (18w) and Peanut (6w). Welcome to our TAC miracle Jacob!
  • Thanks for your responses. Since this is my first week out and about at work, maybe that affected it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP 1: 3/19/10 Loss: 7/9/10
    BFP 2: 12/28/10
    My Blog: Losing Sylvia
  • This happened to me. After the c-section I bleed while I was in the hospital and 2 days of light bleeding and then it stopped for 3wks. Then one day it was like my period started (heavy) and 2 days later it stopped again.

my OB said it's normal and to expect bleeding up to 8wks after.

Hi, I'm Amanda :)

Remembering Evelyn and raising Bailey
    Evelyn Born at 24wks 6days on May 22, 2010 due to pre-e Passed away May 25, 2010

BFP# 2 Delivered 6wks early due to preeclampsia
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Photobucket

• I bleed for about 10 days and then stopped. After that I bleed on and off for 3 week. Every time activity increases so does bleeding. Same with DS1. If you soak through a pad an hour call.
    image Nicholas loved for 28 weeks, 4/11/10
    Baby Boy loved for 15 weeks, 5/31/11
    Baby Girl loved for 16.5 weeks. 3/1/12
  • Mine probably lasted a month, if not 5 weeks.  It would come and go...But yes, if you soak a pad within an hour you need to call.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I bled for 2 weeks and then spotted for another 2 weeks...not sure if it makes a difference but I mostly stayed in the house and did not do much physical activity. AF came 6 weeks after loss.

• IouliaIoulia member
    Steadily for 6 weeks. Sad Hope it doesn't happen to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"