Upstate NY Babies
Options

Random laundry questions

1. I use vinegar in some loads....but don't know why. Is there a reason I do this? I put it in the fabric softener dispenser in my HE washer.

2. How do you separate mixed colored items? If a shirt is white with dark sleeves, which load does it go in? White pj's with red and blue print and edges?

3. If you cloth diaper, do you put them in the dryer? I just got an iPlay swim diaper and it says not to put it in dryer. I can't imagine cloth diapering and hanging them all over the place! 

4. What temps do you use for wash/rinse? I usually do warm/cold for whites/lights and cold/cold for darks. I will occasionally use hot/cold for sheets and towels.

Re: Random laundry questions

• Options

1. No idea... I've never done this, or heard of it really!

2. I do whites, colors and darks (blacks, navy, dark greys). If something is white w/ dark sleeves or something, then I make sure to wash it on cold so the color doesn't run.

3. N/A

4. I've been trying to use cold/cold more often to save on energy or what not. But I typically start the load on warm, then switch it to cold after it runs for a minute. I always use hot for whites if I'm using bleach. And I typically wash towels on warm, sometimes hot.

• Options

i use vinegar every time. It's a fabric softener and cheaper than downy. Plus I think it cleans your washer

2. whites, towels, jeans/darks, lights, blues(we have a lot of blue clothes)

3. yes I dry them in the dryer.  Every so often I hang them out on a clothsline

4. warm/cold for whites and towels.  cold/cold for everything else

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    wendyjwendyj member

1. Don't use vinegar - never thought to do it other than to clean/deodorize the washer.

2. For ds's clothes - I wash everything together. Never had a problem with his stuff running, so I appreciate that I can be lazy/efficient by doing it that way. For my clothes, if there's white mixed with a color, I'll do it in the color wash on cold water and be sure not to have any clothes that could bleed in with it.

3. Don't use CD

4. Whites - warm/cold, Colors - cold/cold, Sheets & Towels - hot/cold. Do towels by themselves without fabric softener.

• Options

I try to do a load a day.  So all colors get mixed.  If it is something new though that may bleed I do a few loads of dark the first couple times.  If it is a mixed load I usually start it in warm and mix the soap in and then load the clothes and then switch it over to cold/cold.  If I have enough laundry (bc I missed a couple days) to do a light load and a dark load I do warm/cold for the light and cold/cold for the dark.

Sheets and shower curtain done once a week at warm/cold . Towels are usually mixed in to the regular loads or I put in the lights (even though they are dark I know they won't bleed).

I have the bags that I place my bras, DH's spandex bike shorts haha, and all swim stuff in.  Those get hung and i do not dry.

Never used vinegar.  I do throw in the oxyclean if dd's clothes have been soaking in it, but I don't throw it in special.

• Options
    imageJune4bride2be:

1. I use vinegar in some loads....but don't know why. Is there a reason I do this? I never use vinegar

2. How do you separate mixed colored items? If a shirt is white with dark sleeves, which load does it go in? White pj's with red and blue print and edges? Since I usually wash in cold, it is not a big deal, but usually anything with color, goes with the colors.

3. If you cloth diaper, do you put them in the dryer? I usually put them in the dryer, but if it is nice out, I hang them on the line.  Most of them we get through the diaper service, but the overnight diapers I launder.

4. What temps do you use for wash/rinse? Cold/Cold for most.  Warm/Cold for towels/sheets.  Hot/Cold for CD.

imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

1.  not sure, although vinegar is like a great multipurpse cleaner.

2. I actually don't separate things too much, but I always wash in cold water.

3. I never use the dryer.  I hang to dry outside or on a drying rack.

4. Always cold.. you could use Tide Coldwater if you weren't sure about using cold only.

• Options

1. I dunno.. I have never done this.

2. I always have trouble with this.. Generally if they are mostly white they go in whites.. If it is striped.. heck. I dunno.. this being said.. Eve's clothes all go in together.. whites and colors..

3. I don't CD.. but I did dry my swim diapers last year.

4. I use warm/cold for almost everything. If I have a load of just whites I will wash them hot/cold. i used to also wash towels hot/cold.. but I stopped..

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"